Eighteen.

Chapter eighteen and its a Mannat centric one. Make sure to vote and comment, tell me what ya'll think about this.

Mannat

Mannat.

It wasn't the fact that I was not focused enough for work today, neither was it that I was exhausted. Infact, I had never felt as light as I had been feeling lately. It was the kind of feeling that made me realise that things were going my way, that my life was actually working towards a direction that could eventually lead to an eternity of happiness.

I had a home, I had to job, I had friends. I had a man who loved me and wanted to marry me. I had a mother who would sacrifice everything for my sake. I didn't have anything to complain about.

I switched through the channels, waiting for my mother to wake up so I could spend some more time with her today. I was planning to have breakfast and then go out for a walk with her.

I was just about to get up and walk towards her room but before I could do that, my mother was already closing her bedroom door and entering the living room.

She frowned as she looked at me, surprised. I smiled at her, gesturing her to come over and sit as she questioned me.

"Mannat, you are still here?" She was so used to finding me at work during this time that surprise was still very much evident in her voice.

I cracked a lot of smile at her.

"Good morning mum." I greeted, she kissed the side of my head and greeted me back.

"Good morning. No work today?"

I shook my head. Work would never really end so it was better to take a day off and relax.

"I'm taking the day off. I have lunch planned with the group and I was thinking of spending some time with you." I responded.

"You were? That's lovely. I always want you to take some time off and look around you, live your life."

She told me, I just shrugged. I truly was living my life. Was I not? Why did she think of me as a such a bore? I would certainly enjoy my life even more if she just agreed to return back to work.

"I am living my life." I defended, shaking my head at her.

"Infact, I was planning to go somewhere once Wajeeh returns. A small holiday, maybe." I continued.

A deep frown appeared on her face as I took Wajeeh's name. Maybe, she still hadn't came around to admit the fact that he truly loved me and was trying not to hurt me.

"Have you talked to him lately?" She asked, I shook my head because I hadn't.

Nor yesterday and not today.

"Not yesterday. He said he was taking his uncle to the village and there was no network there." I murmured.

I didn't exactly miss him too much because he was almost always with me over phone calls or texts. I did miss him yesterday though, my whole day had been super frustrating because I hadn't heard his voice.