Seventeen.

This chapter probably isn't written the way you expected but I hope you guys like it.

Make sure to vote and comment.

Solely Wajeeh and Wafaa in this chapter so enjoy.

Wafaa

Wafaa.

The notion of marriage for people was so happy, so pleasant. It made sense as well. Marriages were supposed to represent love and purity, they were supposed to represent a union of two souls, of two people who had managed to overcome all the odds and marry one another for the sake of love and affection. The idea of marriage for others was very different to the idea and values that were upheld in my world.

In my world, there was no gender inequality when it came to marriage. In my world, a newly born child was promised to another one, for the sake of lands and power, and even fucking peace. The man had it easy after that though. They could screw around, marry at an age that they desired and even marry again because they did not like the face of their first bride.

My father had already informed me that my apparent husband had every thought of marrying again. It sucked knowing that on the very first night of my marriage, after that I was sent scurrying into a big freaking room.

My brother had told me to please the man. Did he not know that the kind of women that they raised did not know shit about pleasing their men? All they could do was spread their legs and let the fuckery happen.

I was good at sex. I was so good at it that right now, I was almost near to pissing my pants..lehnga actually. I was nowhere near a virgin and the man I was married to, he would probably realise that.

I had a whole lot of lies prepared though, I would get away with it. I had prepared myself mentally already. I would not put a fight because it would give the man a reason to hit me and hurt me.

No man in our world was noble enough to understand the meaning of no. I could expect the least nobility from a Sheherzad.

I looked into the mirror and stared at myself, I stared at my eyes that spoke to me more than my own heart. I had given my all to Iskander. I had given my body to him and the only other man I had slept with was Wajeeh.

If only this Wajeeh could be that Wajeeh, atleast he was nice enough to stare at.

My eyes told me the pain that I might suffer tonight. I hated being helpless but I had to survive, had to endure this in the hopes of being free one day.

Maybe, one day.

I took out the pins from my hair and removed the dupatta, placing it on the table. I had already taken off all the heavy jewellery. It might have been khandani for my family but I didn't give a crap about it. I contemplated on changing my clothes but then thought against it. I do not want to offend my husband, did not want to give him a reason to hurt me.