CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT. HIS SMILE.

Hello guys! I am backkk!!! To take on my responsibilty of completing somthing i started. And there is a good news. I have finally completed the charactersketch of the main characters😳😳 except for Hitomu because i haven't made one for him yet. Also i am sorry it took some time(almost a month) for me to pick my ass up into writing the next chapter. Cough. Cough. Guilty coughs. I actually got a bit too lazy during this staying home 'club' period.
Also, another piece of good news is that i have finally, like finally, started to learn digital art for once in my life and dang!! I am loving it so much. Anyway stop with my one sided conversation and lets dig right into the story.😓😓😓
I will add my character designs at the end of the chapter. 😉😉 Hope you will like them.

The smell of wine mixed with the laughter of men having a little celebration amongst themselves. There was no special ocassion that lead to the creation of this special atmosphere of happy men drinking together while enjoying their time, laughing in each other's company in the absence of women dancing and music playing in the background. Because they were simple minded warriors, fighters of everyday, that lived inside the black hut which they considered their home, they only needed their fellow warriors together with them whenever they held a mini banquet to themselves.
The black knights did this every then and now.
But this scene was extremely unfamiliar to him who had never tasted this kind of feast surrounded by men laughing in joy at the company of each other. It was extremely unfamiliar to him. But surprisingly Hitomu did not hate it at all. Instead his eyes were clouded by a misty, warm feeling. He had never liked the noise of buzzing and quaking people.
It wasn't that be was very close to each and every member of the black knights.
But the aura they projected made him feel at ease. It made him relaxed and he couldn't help but let the walls he had built around him loosen up subconsciously.
Now the very same noise was ringing in his ears like a melody, repeating again and again.

"Here! Hitomu! A drink to our brotherhood." Khiluya spank his shoulders lightly as he spoke in a roaring voice.

With a muddled mind Hitomu took it and gulped it down on one go.

"Ooohhh......!"

"So very like a true man."

Whistles and shouts followed as the people surrounding him cheered for him.

"Master....please! I, your admirer toast this drink to you with respect."
Said one of them.

"Me too."

"Not fair. Me too. Brother Hitomu."

One after another many of them offered him a toast.
And he did not refuse.
A gulp.
Then another.
Another.
Gulp after gulp.

Minutes later a realisation hit him.
"Damn." He murmured to himself.
Getting carried away by the flow he had drank too much alcohol for the first time in his life. Even the world in his eyes was now begining to blur into two. Although his composure was extremely dignified his mental and physical state spoke something else.

"Noo...i can't drink anymore.....no more....."

"Alcohol feast is the byest......"

"Toast to master......."

"He....as...not here....whyyy?"

"Umaaahhh......i love you so much...a cup of alcohol is the ultimate bliss in life...."

He could hear the others by his side murmur all kinds of words. Knockout by the strong intoxication that rested flat in their stomach all of them were sound asleep.
The state of being drunk did not please him too much. Like always he did not like alcohol. But of course he did not regret drinking too much tonight.
Thinking of the warm atmosphere earlier a graceful smile left his lips involuntarily. Looking around him with muddled eyes he swept his gaze all over the place as the smile on his lips stayed on his face. Sitting up as if he was lost in some kind of imaginary world, caught up in his thoughts, he managed to stand upright.
A walk.
He needed a fresh walk.
Sometimes when he would experience too much emotions he needed a long, fresh walk, to give his mind some time to digest these emotions.
In his past life he had rarely experienced this kind of 'almost bursting with unknown joy' feeling. But ever since he came to this world, he had felt it over time again and again. Because of this it almost felt like a dream. A dream his past self had always wished for. Although he never voiced it but deep inside he felt it was too unreal, like an illusion, as if, when he wake up the next morning, everything would crumble into a pile of dust like his wishful thoughts.