CHAPTER THIRTY ONE. NOT FROM THIS WORLD.

Drip.

The sound of liquid dripping on the ground. Drop by drop. It was red. All red. In the pitchblack darkness the red blood dripping was like a river of blood. The red stream flowed downwards until its flow was obstructed and hit against something.
Feet. A pair of slender feet was dipped with the redness of the fresh blood. The red colour crept up the pair of legs, then to the thighs, up to the abdomen, it kept going up, not stopping anywhere. A pair of strong hands raised in the mid air, all the ten fingers stained with the string of red colour. Although it was unnoticeable the two hands dyed with people's blood were shaking and trembling with little force.
Shrill voices began shouting at him.

"You monster!"

"Someone like you deserves to die a terrible death in the most gruesome way."

"Why are you doing this? Why are you killing to make a living?"

"Demon! You are nothing but a man killing demon! Die! Die! Die! You are the one who should die. Not me. Not us."

"Why did you kill us? What right do you have to kill us?"

"Kill." "Die." "Monster." "Demon." "Devil."

Why? You ask why? I do not know the answer to that nor the answer to all your questions. I wonder why? All my life i had always asked myself why but never found an answer to my question. This damn why word, is a stain that will never go away! Stuck to my skin like my flesh, making me feel rotten to the heart, at the same time making me realize how much of a trash my life is...........i wonder why was i, a trash, born to live a terrible life like this. Killing was not an option. To me it was an obligation for the way i was born.........

Like a lifeless doll he stood still, stained by the red colour of blood spreading all across his body in the pitchblack darkness, the shrill voices echoing in his soul, body and mind, making his lifeless eyes appear tired and wan, he did not even try to run away from the voices chasing him as if he had given up hope. As if there was no hope for him.
This hollow and shallow world was his and his alone.

A pair of dim eyes opened. The two orbs were shaken up a little bit. Raising his hand he stared at them in utter silence wearing a complicated expression. His eyes were shimmering with sadness and agony.

It's been a while since i last dreamt something like this...........

Ever since his rebirth he had an impression that he had started a new life for good. The past him whose hands were stained and tainted with blood had completely dissolved into nothingness. As if that part of him had never existed.
Oh but how wrong he was.
The dream he had just now was a proof that his past self was still sleeping deep down inside his consciousness. The him that killed and killed at the command of his masters, the him that was cursed and shouted at for killing many innocent, the voices that shouted and chased after him even in his dreams, these nightmares, as long as he had them it would always remind him of his tainted past. Although he may be living a new and refreshed life right now the fact that he stripped many people off their lives and their right to continue to live were a reminder of the dreadful killing devil he was. A past that would forever stay with him, engraved deeply in his very own memory as long as he lived.
Hitomu frowned.
Since when did he become so pessimistic? He was a little bit surprised at himself. He never knew he could think so negatively.
Gazing at the sky with an expressionless face he kept staring at the horizon of the blue sea, lost in his own thoughts.

Below the trunk of the tree he was sitting on a man approached the tree.
He looked up at him and noticed his strange look. But because he was a simpleton he did not think much about it.

"Hey, Hitomu. Come down will ya? Those brats have been complaining nonstop, asking you to take over their training." Khiluya shouted up to him.

Hitomu heard him. But he did not look at him. Keeping his eyes glued to the sky with the same strange face he kept silent for a few seconds. And after what felt like minutes he replied without looking at the bulky man below. "If i take over, make sure to tell them that it will be worse than hell."

Khiluya laughed. "Don't worry. They know. Our small brothers are a herd of Ms. So make sure to let them experience worse than what they went through these few days."

Hitomu jumped down with a swift motion. When his legs hit the ground it did not make any sound, as if he was weightless. This action of his always intrigued the man by his side. Without looking at each other they began walking away together.
Reaching the group of training boys the group greeted them as soon as they spotted Hitomu. Their eyes were sparkling brilliantly. These past days when they trained under him for a few times the peculiarity of his training regime had the boys completely whipped. Hitomu's style was very efficient with a flow that differed from the other members of the black knight. It was efficient in terms of both training and leveling up. So they were complaining, demanding more of his mentorship from the elders.
The anticipating gaze of these youngsters made him remember a scene from his past life.
Surely there were some good memories even in his dreadful nightmares.
Just as he was about to address to them he froze.

A chilling sting hit the back of his nape. Rolling his eyes at a certain direction his eyes narrowed dangerously, slanting with an oppressive aura. The look in his eyes, draped with a coldness that would sting the eyes of those who met this gaze head on.

Oopss! That was close.

He thought. Hiding behind the trees he wore a smug smile brimming with extreme excitement. He never expected this; someone who could intercept his spying skills existed. Even more in this world? Things were getting even more interesting. He looked carefully again. The owner of that piercing gaze was talking with the group of teenagers, giving them instructions. It was a surprise this little man could conceal the oppressive aura from those near him, or else their eyes would have immediately followed towards the direction he was looking at, asking him what was wrong.

Heh! So there is someone like that in this world.

Staring at Hitomu he locked his gaze at him. Then, again, the eyes of that boy slanted towards him. This time he met him head on. And their eyes met in the broad day light. Although they were standing far away from each other the two could make out the other's face very clearly.
The man standing behind the tree let out a menacing smile as he began retreating deliberately, offering the other a piece of cheese first. The smile on his face turned into a smirk, a provocation that was an invitation to the other.
His shadow disappeared into the distance, inside the walls of the trees.
After what felt like an enough distance his retreating figure stopped. He turned around and looked back. The smirk on his face distorted when he realized his piece of cheese had been refused. Realizing that the other party was not chasing after him despite his deliberate revelation and provocation his body let out an ominous aura that was begining to condense the air around him.
The atmosphere around him, it was chilling.
His footsteps began walking back from the direction he was retreating away. Then after a few yards he was greeted by another voice.

"Took you long enough to come back."

This comment hit the other person hard. Not only was the cheese he offered rejected but he was also led around the finger of this young boy.
Standing away from him by a few meters he was young and frail, slender and short. Yet his eyes spoke something else.
This time their entire body met head on with each other. As they bore into each other's eyes the two of them hit a sudden realization.
The two of them could tell this.

He is not from this world......... 

A/N: Since i was busy meeting up with my friends i did not have the time to write new chapters. Because they live in different areas we stayed together, spending quality time and hanging out and other stuffs. Also i had to do my assignments so i seldom had the time to write new chapters for my story.
So here it is. The new chapter. Enjoy!