A Serélien Christmas (oneshot)

(This isn't set at any particular time or place so I don't spoil the rest of Belle Âme. Merry Chrysler and enjoy!!💕)

 Merry Chrysler and enjoy!!💕)

A Serélien Christmas

"Seth!" Jerking up from the king sized bed he shared with his boyfriend, Seth glanced around the bedroom startled. It was a nice room; the walls were ocean blue, all their furniture dark mahogany and their bedspread, curtains and carpet were silver. It wasn't to dissimilar to the rest of the luxurious apartment. The open plan kitchen, dining area and living room were a similar aesthetic. The kitchen was modern and sleek; shiny metal, white granite and white storage units. The living room had the same dark wood furniture as the bedroom, the curtain and sofa and soft carpet the same silver colour, only the walls were cream — a large flat screen tv mounted on one and framed photos taken by Seth on the others. Flabbergasted was the best way to describe Seth's reaction when he first saw their new London home, though he really should've been used to the Cullen wealth by now. Especially since he'd seen some of Aurélien's properties around the world, and was well aware they'd only scratched to surface.

"Yeah?" Seth responded sleepily, clambering off their large bed and padding into the main section of their apartment (the other parts consisted of their bedroom, large bathroom, guest room and a multi-functional office space of sorts). Aurélien was standing in the kitchen looking stressed, cursing under his breath in French. Seth understood some of it, but he was still pretty hopeless when it came to the language that was so different to his own native English — or American English, as Aurélien likes to refer to it as, to which Seth responded that he was an Anglophile and a linguistic snob. Aurélien agreed.

"It's Christmas in a week and we haven't gone Christmas shopping or decorated the apartment!" Seth blinked slightly, trying to adjust to his normally serene boyfriend's sudden intensity. The fact that his French accent became more pronounced whenever he was very emotional did not help Seth in regaining his bearings, only distracted him with thoughts about how musical Aurélien's accent was.

"It's okay, we just forgot," Seth reassured his boyfriend. They tended to exist in their own little bubble, venturing outside for university lectures, food shopping and recreational activities, but still quite separate from wider society with how little they communicated with others. Seth and Aurélien both had friends at uni, of course, but they didn't really share the priorities or lifestyle that the two did because of what they were — not human. They couldn't allow their friends to get close enough to notice the inhuman things about, to perhaps work out the truth as Bella once did. Seth had thought he might be lonely, but he came to realise that he had little interest in filling his life with people. Aurélien assured him that it was the attitude of an immortal to be bored with small things that mortals valued so much and that it was simply rubbing off onto Seth because of the time he spent around the Cullen's.