45|Kids These Days

"I'm never getting in a car ever again," Seth complained, clambering out the car and wobbling on shaky legs that had grown stiff with misuse after hours on the road

"I'm never getting in a car ever again," Seth complained, clambering out the car and wobbling on shaky legs that had grown stiff with misuse after hours on the road. He stumbled forward into Aurélien' chest, whose arms immediately wrapped around his waist even though he was sure that his boyfriend was over exaggerating his unsteadiness somewhat.

"How will you get anywhere? American public transport is appallingly limited," Aurélien said, holding Seth close and feeling the steady beat of his heart against his chest as if it were his own. Despite the many years he'd lived, it was small moments like this, with the person he loved most, that Aurélien was sure he'd cling to in his last moments if the Volturi got their way.

"You'll take me everywhere, obviously" Seth said with a grin, planting a kiss on Aurélien's cheek.

"Oh, will I?"

"Yes, you will."

"Well, if its an order then I suppose I have no choice but to comply."

"How sad."

"Are you two done?" Manon said. She stood a few meters away, one well sculpted eyebrow raised.

"Not quite," Aurélien said, not moving his eye's from the boy in his arms. "It is sad. Mon couer, you are so mean to me. Apologise?"

"Apologise? How does my boyfriend want me to apologise to him?"

"This feels personal now."

"Kiss?" Aurélien said, ignoring his great-niece, who'd been purposefully annoying the entire three hour car ride. It was very hard to flirt with your boyfriend with a third wheel on the back seat who'd made it her mission to kill any romance in the air stone dead.

Seth grinned, leaning forward to press a kiss to the vampire's lips. He lingered, waiting for Aurélien to tip forward and attempt to deepen their kiss before he pulled back and turned on his heel. Aurélien stood there in shock, watching his boyfriend dash over to Manon with a cackle and enter the forest by her side.

As soon as Aurélien's mind started working again, he made chase. Jogging after the duo, he grinned widely when he heard his boyfriend speed up somewhat. They were both moving at human speed, more interested in the flirtatious thrill of being chased and chasing than they were in actually racing.

Their flirtatious game stopped abruptly when Manon did, all three of them pausing on the edge of a clearing in the forest. A house, more of a cabin really, stood in the middle. Made of warm brown wood, a small stone chimney trailing smoke into the air and a vegetable patch protected by mesh netting out the front, it was homely and rustic.

"Ayita, I've brought some people to see you," Manon said, not bothering to raise her voice, confirming Aurélien's suspicion that the home owner they'd traveled hours to see was indeed not human. "Their friendly, I promise."