7|Obsessed Stalker

For the first time in his life, Aurélien found himself speeding towards his problems

For the first time in his life, Aurélien found himself speeding towards his problems. Rosalie was right. If something was difficult in a way he couldn't handled, he ran away. He could label it something else all he wanted — break, breather, hiatus, respite — in the end, it was him fleeing from problems he couldn't deal with. Aurélien Cullen was a coward .

At the winding river that represented the border between the Cullen land and the Quileute land, Aurélien paused — another unusual thing: thinking before acting. Of course, crossing over would be breaking the treaty and that was something even he knew needed some consideration before hand.

He was an Imprint, so did the rules still apply to him? Could he justify breaking the treaty just to talk to Seth?

In the end, Aurélien concluded he had little other choice. He had no way of contacting Seth and, given the fact that the training with the wolves had been set up via Jacob Black, he doubted Carlisle knew how to get in touch with any member of the pack either. And Aurélien would rather have both arms repeatedly ripped off for all of eternity than ask Bella to put him into contact with Jacob — and the wolf probably felt the same way about him.

With Seth's district woodsy scent ingrained into his mind, Aurélien found his house rather quickly. It was on two levels and made out of a pretty red brick. The vibrant garden outside showed how much time and attention the occupants put into caring for their home, and the ivy growing up one of the walls added to the bohemian feel that suited the whole house very well.

Seth's room was on the top floor and too Aurélien' right. His window was cracked upon and the French vampire could detect his steady heart beat and breathing, signalling that Seth was sleeping. So, soundlessly and with supernatural grace, Aurélien leapt onto a thick branch on the tree outside the window he was aiming for, cracked it upon further and snuck inside.

Keeping his eye on the other two heart beats in the house, ensuring he could escape if one of them woke up, Aurélien turned to Seth's sleeping form. If he had any breath, which he currently didn't as to remain as undetectable as possible to the home's occupants, it would be gone.

Aurélien was right in his earlier prediction of Seth's appearance. He had smooth russet skin and ink black hair he had the strange urge to run his hand through. Despite no longer having the baby fat that young boys often possessed, there was still a sense of innocence to Seth's appearance.

It wasn't until an owl hooting outside broke the spell he was under that Aurélien realised what he was doing; the one thing he'd teased Edward for mercilessly. Watching someone sleep like an obsessed stalker.

Aurélien could see who Edward did it though. Or why anyone (with actual consent), would watch the one they loved sleep. There was something so entrancing, so intimate, about watching someone sleep. The steady rise and fall of their chest and their peacefulness as you watched over them in their most vulnerable state. But it was ultimately creepy because Seth didn't know he was here.

Aurélien felt guilty about invading his privacy, the very thing he'd called out for Edward for doing to Bella. 'Being a creep isn't an attractive trait", was one of the things Aurélien recalled he had told his brother.

Before leaving, Aurélien swept his eyes around the room, wanting the gauge as much information about Seth as possible. Against one wall was a wardrobe and desk, and against the opposite one, his bed and an array of posters on the wall. Mostly for movies, cars and motorbikes. There were photos too, pinned on a small cork board above the desk. Clearly taken by Seth himself; they were of smiling people and beautiful landscapes.

Walking over the Seth's desk, Aurélien picked up a pen and scribbled down his phone number on a post-it-note, signing his name underneath in neat calligraphy.

With one more glance at Seth, Aurélien fled into the night.

— — —

The sound of Bruno Mars blaring through the room pulled Seth from his sleep so violently he almost fell off of the bed. Grumbling to himself, he leaned over and attempted to turn of the alarm as best he could with his vision still blurred from sleep. After the chaos from the previous day, Seth had forgot to turn of the alarm he had set to wake him up for patrols and was cursing himself for ruining his rare chance to sleep late.

It wasn't until he was shoving on jeans and a t-shirt — having given up on trying to get back to sleep — did he realise his room was thick with a strange scent. Laundry detergent, fresh air and a something strangely sweet, similar to the artificial sugary smell that wafted off bags of brightly coloured sweets.

Aurélien.

Seth immediately felt a sense of excitement, the smell of his imprint alone sending his inner wolf into over drive. His entire body screaming out for a boy he barely knew.

Seth glanced around his room, searching for any sign of why Aurélien might've visited his room last night. His eyes eventually settled on a lime green post-it-note that he definitely didn't write on. Travelling across his room in haste, he snatched up the piece of paper and his heart jumped when he'd sees its content. Aurélien's number, with his name signed below in beautiful swirling letters.

With no hesitation, Seth adds Aurélien to his contacts, placing a vampire emoji next to his name with a grin. Though he saved the number with confidence, it takes Seth multiple attempts to draft a text he was happy with. Either he sounded to desperate or just plain weird. In the end, he settled for simplicity.

Meet me in the clearing from yesterday.
We need to talk.

A/n:
I can absolutely confirm that Aurélien spent all of Twilight absolutely bullying Edward's creepy ass about watching Bella sleep + every other weird/stupid thing he did ("It'S tHe FluOrEsCeNts" it's definitely an ongoing joke).

Seth and Aurélien are gonna meet properly next chapter and discuss stuff. Get ready it's probably going to be really fluffy (and maybe a bit angsty, idk yet).