46|Top Secret Vampire Uprising

"Are you sure this is safe?" Ayita asked Seth, eyeing his boyfriend's outstretched arm like it was a live snake

"Are you sure this is safe?" Ayita asked Seth, eyeing his boyfriend's outstretched arm like it was a live snake. All three of them stood in a semicircle around Aurélien in front of Ayita's cabin, waiting patiently for the female shifter to grab his wrist so they could teleport back to the Cullen household.

"Of course it is," Seth reassured her, opting to hold his boyfriend's left hand instead of his right arm in order to teleport. "It's been the main way I get places since we started dating."

"Even with all four of us?"

"Only one way to find out."

"Wait, how many people have you teleported at once?" Ayita asked, looking panicked.

"Myself and two others is the most I've ever done."

"What would happen if you took more people than you could?" Manon asked. "How do you know how many you can take?"

"Well I discovered I could teleport others purely accidentally, and then I worked out I could take two people last year by trying it out and having nothing go wrong. And I have absolutely no idea what happens if I take too many, or how much too many people at once is" Aurélien answered, cheerfully. Manon and Ayita gaped at him, stricken. Seth couldn't help but smile at his boyfriends blasé attitude, and wondered at what point in their relationship he came to trust Aurélien so much that he wasn't the least bit concerned at the prospect of him teleporting all three of them despite having never done that many people. "The more people I take the more tiring it is, the more tired I am the less often I can teleport in succession before I have to take a break. Think of it like running distances while carrying weight."

"I don't like the sound of this at all," Ayita muttered, but neither her nor Manon let go of Aurélien.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine. Probably," Aurélien said. "Now come one, we're on something of a tight schedule."

The sensation that followed is a familiar one to Seth after 3 years of dating. The only feeling similar to it was the strange sensation you got after stepping into a lift and having it rise upwards. For a second, gravity seemed to fail and it was as if you existed untethered from the earth, only to find yourself on solid ground somewhere entirely new only a second later.

As all first time teleportees did, Ayita stumbled slightly upon their arrival. Her face scrunched up as she was no doubt hit with a strange lurching sensation that made her nauseous, the kind you got after getting out of a fast moving rollercoaster and you were still adjusting to being still and on solid ground.

"I am never doing that agian."

"What are you talking about, it was fine," Aurélien said dismissively. "Look, we're all unharmed. Now we know I can take three passengers without risk of a casualty. Which is great to know, given we might need to be making a quick get away soon."

"Aurélien! Seth!"

Without even turning, Seth recognised who had spoken immediately. Only Emmett felt the need to communicate at such a volume in spaces occupied by people with supernatural hearing.