14|Lots of Cars and Parting Kisses

Over his 194 years of life, Aurélien had spent his nights doing many things

Over his 194 years of life, Aurélien had spent his nights doing many things. In his new born years with Carlisle he had learned how to control his abilities, how to control his hunger and how to maintain a human facade. His nights in Volterra were spent walking around the city observing humans or tangled up in sheets with Demetri, trying desperately to feel as alive as he once had been. Aurélien's nights after he returned to his creator were spent travelling and learning and meeting new people; sometimes with his family, but often alone. However, none were of those could compare to the one he spent curled up with Seth.

There was something so intimate about sharing a bed with another person in a completely nonsexual way. Being so near them while they were at their most vulnerable.

Seth would always be beautiful to Aurélien no matter what, but he had to admire the boy in the early morning. Soft hair looking adorably ruffled, lips slightly apart and a serene expression on his face. It was an entrancing sight and the idea that it might be one he would get to see often in the future filled Aurélien's chest with warmth.

The increase in heartbeat and change in breathing pattern alerted Aurélien to the moment when Seth awoke, despite the fact that the younger boy's eyes were still shut.

"Are you watching me sleep?"

"Of course I am, you're very beautiful," Aurélien replied, pushing Seth's hair of his forehead gently and rejoicing when Seth leaned into his touch.

"Do you say these things just to see me blush?" Seth asked suspiciously, squinting his eyes at Aurélien. Clearly he'd worked out the French vampire's aim with all the recent flirtation.

"I say them because I mean them," Aurélien corrected with a teasing grin. "But your blush is an added bonus that I very much enjoy."

The pout on Seth's lips was so adorable that Aurélien had to lean down to give him a kiss. The younger boy had tilted his head up to receive the affection, wrinkling his nose when Aurélien planted the kiss on his cheek rather than his awaiting lips.

"Are you really going to go back to keeping me at arms length," Seth complained with a huff that sent his hair flicking upwards into the air.

"No, you just have morning breath," Aurélien said, leaping out of bed quickly to avoid Seth's pillow, which had been aimed at his face. He strolled over to his chest of draws and dressed in his usual ensemble of jeans, shirt and jumper. When Aurélien turned around he found Seth's eyes glued to him. He winked, laughing when the young boy buried his face into the pillows in embarrassment.

A knock on the bedroom door drew Aurélien's eyes away from an embarrassed Seth. Flinging it open, he was surprised to find a shy looking Bree standing outside.

"Uhhh, Esme is making breakfast for Bella. She wanted to know if Seth wants some as well," Bree said nervously, crimson eyes flickering from Seth to Aurélien. The newborn was wearing a creamy cashmere jumper and jeans that were clearly borrowed from Alice, who had no doubt taken it upon herself to order Bree an entire new wardrobe online. Aurélien imagined that Esme, Alice and Emmett — who loved artistic things as much as the two females despite what first impressions might suggest — were probably designing the young girl a bedroom too. All of which would likely be spearheaded by Rosalie, who was incredibly attached to Bree already and often took it upon herself to take charge in matters when Carlisle couldn't or didn't want to (in this case it was couldn't as the patriarch of the family's art skills didn't extend beyond stick figures).

Seth eagerly confirmed that he did in fact want breakfast, hurriedly putting on a t-shirt that Aurélien offered him and then dragging the vampire downstairs excitedly.

Aurélien had been slightly nervous for the breakfast, but everything had gone fine. Esme shovelled as much food as possible onto Seth's plate and was overjoyed when he ate it all with enthusiasm and complemented her on her cooking skills. Alice (with Jasper, the always silent and vigilant shadow, at her side) and Emmett bombarded him with questions, and Emmett was delighted when he found out they shared a love of movies and photography (Aurélien was a little bitter that his family appeared to have stolen Seth from him). Bella and Edward were mostly too distracted by their recent reunion after nine hours of separation — though Bella did make conversation a few times, likely to provide reassurance as the only other non-vampire at the table — and even Rosalie, with her understandable mistrust for outsiders, engaged with Seth. It was his family's individual ways of showing that they had accepted him as Aurélien's mate; and he appreciated it deeply.

When Esme found out that Seth hadn't actually told anyone he'd be staying over night, she'd scolded him; though it was with such a caring tone that while he took it seriously, Seth also found it rather touching. Esme ushered them out the door — after shoving a container of leftovers into Seth's hand — instructing Aurélien to ensure that he return him home as quickly as possible, muttering to herself about young boys and their bad habits of scaring their mothers with their impulsivity.

When Aurélien lead Seth into the Cullen's garage, the young boy's' share dropped. His eyes flickered over the rows of cars (and Rosalie's and Aurélien's motorbikes) with wonder.

"Why does one family need so many cars?" Seth questioned as slid into the passenger seat of silver Aston Martin. Even with the Cullen's huge amount of money and infinite amount of time, that many cars seemed a little excessive to him.

"Not a lot of thrilling things to do when you're immortal and indestructible. Driving fast cars and buying new things are on that short list," Aurélien said, leaning over to buckle Seth in when he noticed that the younger boy hadn't  bothered. Seth looked both disgruntled and touched by the gesture. "We also donate thousands to charity too, so don't worry."

"I suppose when you've been alive for so long money starts to loose its value," Seth pondered as he watched the Forks scenery go by. The container of leftovers that Esme as given him was placed carefully on his lap, his hands resting atop it. Reaching with the hand not gripped firmly on the steering wheel, Aurélien intertwined their fingers. It was a gesture that was done to reassure Seth that he would be keeping his promise from the previous night — that he would be more open and affectionate, no more keeping his mate at arms length out of fear.

To Aurélien's dismay the entirety of Seth's pack appeared to be waiting outside his house when the car pulled up. They were clearly there for Seth, and he wondered if he'd even told them where he was going before he came to the Cullen household or if he'd just left, leaving the pack worried. Though perhaps they'd guessed where he had gone and were simply awaiting Seth's arrival back to ensure that he was okay. If that was the case then Aurélien was slightly offended. He would not let anything happen to Seth, couldn't fathom loosing him or seeing him injured, especially not because of Aurélien.

"It appears you have a rather substantial welcome home party, mon amour," Aurélien observed dryly. He could sense the eyes of the pack on them trough the tinted windows and the childish side of him was tempted to make a rude gesture at them, but he resisted for Seth's sake.

"Yeah," Seth said looking rather uncomfortable as his eyes flickered briefly from Aurélien's face to his awaiting pack and then back again.

There was a brief moment of heavy silence in which Aurélien considered wether or not kissing Seth would be appropriate, unaware that Seth was wondering the same thing. In the end, Aurélien acted first, reaching out his hand to clasp the back of Seth's neck and guiding him into a kiss. Unlike their previous one, it was soft and tender. A sweet parting kiss that lasted for only a few moments before Aurélien pulled away, smirking at the blush he saw staining Seth's cheek.

"Tell Justin Brown that I hope is recovery wasn't too painful, Seth," Aurélien said as Seth climbed out of the car. The laugh that spilled from his mouth as he shut the car door filed Aurélien with warmth. For the first time in 194 years, he felt truly complete.

A/n:
Fluffy Serélien is the best to write. This chapter was kind of a filler, but I didn't want to skip the cuteness of Aurélien and Seth waking up together and Seth meeting the full Cullen clan.

There will be more softness next chapter — with a dash of sadness and nostalgia — and some more information about Aurélien's past.

— Cassiopeia