8|Us?

For someone who'd been alive for so long, Aurélien's knowledge on fashion was limited at best

For someone who'd been alive for so long, Aurélien's knowledge on fashion was limited at best. He knew what he liked and what he didn't, but that was about it — he owned two kinds of jumpers in varying shades of blue, grey and black. Although Aurélien didn't think anyone could plan an outfit for the kind of situation situation he was in. What do you wear to meet the shifter who imprinted on you, whom you know very little about but are apparently destined for?

In the end, Aurélien decided not to deviate from his usual type of outfit. White shirt, navy coloured jumper, skinny jeans and red Doctor Martins. His long, dark, Sherlock-style coat was an unnecessary addition to his outfits given he didn't feel the cold, but one he never went with out. Alice had bought it for him for Christmas and he'd adored it (perhaps partly because he enjoyed the way it flapped behind him as he walk or ran — Aurélien had been melodramatic person since the at he was born).

Having arrived at the clearing a whole hour earlier, Aurélien was left stewing in his own anxiety and stress. All the ways this could go wrong flitted through his mind and s crew times he almost ran off, but the memory of sleeping Seth made him stay. Aurélien owed it to them both to try, he'd regret it if he didn't.

"Aurélien."

"Seth."

There was very little said for a few minutes as they both took each other in. Aurélien thought Seth was even more beautiful with the light shining on him. Seth thought Aurélien was just as beautiful as the first time he saw him.

"So, I think it's probably best that I explain the whole imprinting thing to you," Seth finally said, bringing to an end their staring contest. Aurélien only nodded. Though he had been given a general idea of what it was by Bella and Edward, he figured Seth would know the most about it.

"It's kind of like having a soulmate. All you have to do is look at them, and everything changes. They become your top priority, your everything. Like they're the sun and your just a planet orbiting around them," Seth explained after they seated themselves on a near by fallen tree. "No one is really sure why it happens. Billy thinks a wolf's imprint is supposed to make them stronger. Sam thinks it's the person a wolf has the best chance of reproducing with, but that theory is now out the window for obvious reasons."

"Seth, I'm so sorry."

Seth glanced at Aurélien, startled and confused at his words.

"Sorry for what?"

"Your life has been stolen from you. Your what, sixteen? And you've just found out that you'll never be able to be with someone romantically because you looked at someone else for five seconds and now they're your soulmate," Aurélien said, feeling truly guilty. "Do you realise what you've been robbed off? Your first kiss, your first time, your first love, your first heartbreak."

Aurélien felt his voice crack slightly as guilt overwhelmed him. Seth was basically a child with so much of life still to experience, and he was responsible for ruining those milestones for him.