Chapter 57. Are you her advocate?

"Rashi, yaar. Please hear me out, na? I promise I wasn't the one who told your brother," I cried and grabbed her hand as she exited her class.

I had been trying to convince her and even called her multiple times yesterday but she didn't pick up any of my calls. I even messaged her but she didn't reply to any of them.

"I don't want any excuses, Sandhya and stop those crocodile tears." She glared.

"I am not lying. Please believe me. It is a misunderstanding."

"Will you just stop it? How could you be so shameless? First doing the mistake and then saying sorry?" She yanked her hand from my grip.

"Why don't you believe me?"

"What's there to believe, huh? You ruined everything. And what had you told me? That you will support me and I could ask for your help anytime? Is this your definition of helping? Backstabbing your friends?" she accused.

"Please don't say that. We are friends, right? Please give me a chance to explain myself," I begged.

"Explain what, Sandhya? Haven't you done enough already?" Tanya mocked as she came with Divya and distanced Rashi from me; like I was some disease.

"Tanya, please listen to-" I began but Tanya's warning tone cut me off.

"We don't want to. I think we have ample reasons to not trust you. After your plans didn't work out for Mahek, you targeted Rashi? Your own friend? Mahek told us how you blackmailed her to break up with Shree and you know what? She has evidences to prove herself."

"She is lying, Tanya. Why will you even-"

Tanya put her right palm up and I shut up. She glanced around her and continued.

"Look, Sandhya. I don't want to stretch this matter. You have already hurt Rashi and as for Mahek, I will appreciate if you don't bully her too. You call Shree your friend and that's how you treat his girlfriend? Jealousy also has some limits, you know."

I looked down and wiped a traitor tear as it slipped out from my right eye. It hurt to hear such harsh words from her mouth. She was the most gentle and caring girl I knew and I had managed to piss her off.

"But what to say? You yourself proved why we shouldn't be friends with people like you," she concluded and tears rolled down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"Don't you think you are talking too much?" Surbhi's voice cut through the thick air hanging around us.

She came and stood beside me. She glanced at Rashi and then settled her blazing gaze on Tanya who didn't like the tone in which Surbhi addressed her.

"Don't interfere, Surbhi," Tanya snapped.

"Why not? You are insulting my best friend and you think I will stay quiet?" Surbhi's voice raised at the end and Tanya scowled at her.

Both were in a heated staring contest for few minutes and I could feel the tension building up. It was not good.

"There is no way I will let you talk to Sandhya like that. I know she made some mistakes and didn't listen to us, but I believe her. I know she didn't inform Rashi's bhaiyya about her relationship," Surbhi stated.

"How can you be so sure?" Tanya asked and tilted her head.

"I believe in her," Surbhi replied proudly.

I thought she was angry with me but here she was, protecting me. I felt so blessed to have her by my side.

"Are you seriously joking right now?" Tanya laughed in mockery as she shifted her weight from one leg to another.