59 | Death Warrant

Hey guys! Sorry for the late chapter

Hey guys! Sorry for the late chapter. My week's been very stressful, and yesterday I had to attend my sister-in-law's funeral 😞Everything's been sort of sucky lately, so I apologize in advance if next week's chapter is a bit late.

♟♙♟

Cursed. From my tainted genetics to being kidnapped and forced to participate in a killer reality show to having a dead girl wind up in my room, I was seriously starting to think that I was jinxed or something.

At this moment, I was the definition of bad luck.

Gmie coughed and stared at me. "You really killed her."

"I didn't," I said, knowing that the scene resembled the total opposite.

"Stop with the bullshit," Gmie said, glaring. "You're covered in dirt, and she's dead in your room. Doesn't take a genius to put everything together."

"We don't know anything," Sebastian said, coming to my defense. "She might not even be dead." He walked over to the limp body and poked it with his foot.

She never moved.

Yaz shifted over and kicked Layla, sending her onto her back. Face facing the ceiling now, one of Layla's eyes fixated on the ceiling while the other was punctured with a pen. Thick foam and slushy vomit caked her lips.

"Yup, she's dead," Yaz said, moving back. "Probably from the pen in her eye."

"Yes!" Jookie lurched through the door, shocking the hell out of everyone.

My heart leaped into my mouth, pattering to its own beat. "Shit," I murmured.

Jookie grinned, hands smoothing down the collar of his midnight and neon green lined suit. "That crazy shit-covered bitch is dead!" He rubbed his hands together. "And now the fun begins. We have to figure out which one of you did it."

"That's easy," Gmie said, pointing at me. "It was Betinia."

"It was not!" I said.

"How about we count the proof, huh?" Gmie stuck out her fingers. "First off, the body was in your room. How did she get in without you letting her, huh? Second, you're a crazy bitch. Third, you had a motive. Four, you're filthy as shit. Everyone else showered and yet you're still dirty. Five, she's in your room. Six, she's in your goddamn room and you're a mess. Meaning it was a struggle. Case closed. Jookie, where are my points?"

Wait, how did she get in my room, I thought. I locked it. Right?

I cleared my throat. "I don't know how she got into my room," I said, speaking my truth. "But I didn't kill her. And frankly, everyone had a motive, Gmie. She kidnapped everyone here."

Demo swung her head at me. "I still say it's you. Why you so dirty? You don't smell like shit, so it's not from earlier."

Mentioning the new room I found was out of the question. Something in me said not to tell anyone yet. "I tripped over one of the plants in the pool room and got dirty cleaning it up. If it were a struggle, wouldn't we have the same type of dirt on us? Mine is dirt when hers is clearly shit."