Chapter Forty seven

Jumoke

What day is it again?

Oh, yes, Thursday. Party day.

I checked the time on my clock, it read 8:05am.

"Jumoke...day has not yet break in your room abi?" I heard my mom ask.

Abeg, this woman should not disturb my life this early morning.

I rose from my lying position and sat down on my bed, yawning like a hungry lion.

Speaking of hungry, I realized that I slept off yesterday without eating dinner.

I brushed my teeth and went downstairs.

"Good morning ma." I greeted my mother.

"How are you?"

"I'm hungry."

"Which hungry? You just woke up and you're hungry.....what have you done this morning?"

"I didn't eat yesterday night na." I frowned.

"You better wait, cos breakfast is far from ready. Go and warm the remaining semo."

I went to the kitchen and started looking for the semo. "Mummy, there's no semo here."

"If I come there and I see that semo, you won't eat it."
She came into the kitchen and started looking for it. "Ah ahn, where's the semo I kept here. Tunde!!!"

"Ma." Tunde ran into the kitchen with singlet and joggers and headphone on his head.

"Where's the semo I kept for Jummy?"

"Oh, it's Jummy own?" He scratched the back of his head. "Em...I ate it....I didn't know it was hers."

"Why na?" I whined.

"You ate it." She shook her head. "That's your afternoon and night food."

I stuck out my tongue to him and he eyed me.

"Mummy, I didn't know. Today is my graduation day o."

"You'll graduate on empty stomach. Oya, go and start preparing. Jumoke, take five  hundred naira from my purse and buy bread and egg for yourself."

"Mummy." Tunde whined with a pout.

"If you mummy there, I'll woze you slap."

I went out of the kitchen dancing and purposely hit Tunde.

"Oh sorry, my dear." I told him with a mischievous smile.

I went to buy bread and egg and prepared it. After eating, I took my bath.

I brought out the dress I would be wearing. It was a dark orange, short sleeved jump suit with big and small black and dark pink stars designing it.

I wore the dress then did a simple make up: foundation, brown powder, faint arched brows, mascara and nude lip gloss.

I had my hair done yesterday. I did a long black wavy weave-on .

I wore black heels and a black Chanel chain hand bag.
I took a lot of selfies.

"Jummy, shey you want to die inside your room?" I heard Tunde ask.

"I'm almost done...stop making noise."
I put my phone and earpiece in my bag before going out.

I met Tunde standing outside my door, typing something on his phone.
He was wearing fitted royal blue blazers, slim trousers, white shirt, slim black tie and shiny black loafers, he held his graduation gown on his left arm. He looked at me from head to toe. "Please remind me again.....who's the person graduating?"