Chapter Twenty three

Jumoke

It was him.

The guy I met at shop rite......Henry. How can I ever forget this fine face?

What's he doing here?

He was dressed in mufti, blue denim jeans,red T-shirt and black Nike sneakers. His bag was slung over his back,on one shoulder.

"Hey." He grinned.

"Hi." I replied.

Okay, lemme gist you.

After he collected my number that day, he called in the evening. From there, we chatted on WhatsApp and he added me on Facebook.

We chatted often times. Then, last week he told me he had a surprise for me on Monday morning. I didn't pay attention to it, in fact I forgot.

"Henry......oh....she's already done," Mrs Samuelson entered the office. "Sorry if I took so long, I had to beg my son to come join you."

Her son?!!!

"So...this is my son, Henry. For some reasons, he said he wants to start attending this school. I don't know what made him change his mind after three years. Henry, take the vacuum cleaner from her naw."

"Oh....lemme help you with that," he took the vacuum cleaner from me and went outside.

God....his voice sounded like Charlie Puth's.

"So, my dear, you can go. Thank you very much, I'm really grateful. Come and have some chocolates," she opened her drawer and brought out some chocolates.

"No, thank you ma. It's no problem."
But my head was shouting 'idiot, take that chocolate jare. See plenty chocolates and you're saying you don't want'.

"Come and take this thing jor," she smiled and I took the chocolates.

Wow....yummy!.... I'm not sharing these at all.

My love for chocolates.

*Any chocolate freak here? Can I see your hands up?*

"Thank you ma."

"You're welcome, my dear. Run to the assembly ground, I don't want to keep you waiting".

I left her office looking at the jewels in my hand......CHOCOLATES!

I love Mrs Samuelson!!

* * * * * *

The teacher hadn't arrived yet. I was one hundred percent sure we won't have classes today. No class on first day of resumption.

"Good morning,class," our class teacher, Mrs Oyinloye, walked in.

"Good morning, ma," we all chorused.

Someone stood in the doorway and I looked up and saw......Henry!

"This our new student, Henry Samuelson and he's Mrs Samuelson's son. Come inside, Henry."

Henry walked in with swaggering steps and his billion dollar smile.

"See fine boy," I heard a girl say.

Fine boy kill you there.

"Hello people," he waved at the class happily. I'm sure a lot of girls had already turn liquid.

"Hi," the class replied.

"Nice to meet you all."

"Nice to meet you too," the class chorused, except me.

Duh....I met him already.

"So, Henry.... Take a seat over there," Mrs Oyinloye pointed to seat, two rows away from mine, the one by the window.

"Thank you ma'am." He walked to his new seat and high fived some guys.

"Ah....Jummy, this guy is fine oh," Chioma whispered.

"I know him sef," I said with pride.

It's not easy to know fine boy.

"From where?" she asked, obviously not believing me.

Then, I told her the full gist.

"You didn't tell me all these before," she whined.

"I just thought it wasn't so important."

"So....you guys talk a lot?"

"Yeah, we chat a lot."

My head is swelling right now.
You relate?

"Wow....me too, I need to start knowing fine fine boys...these C.H.S boys have tire me. Their faces are already boring."

"What about Lolade?" I teased and she went all pink and rosy in the cheek.

"Stop it jor," she hit my shoulder playfully as she smiled shyly.

"Hmm....somebody likes Lolade," I sang, moving my head to the imaginary beat.

"Somebody likes Jerome," she teased back.

"Excuse me, I don't like Jerome, we are just friends."

"Yeah, friends that like each other like crazy."

"ChiChi, shut up now, before I use the pen to stab you."

"That guy is staring at you," she pointed to Henry.

I turned to him and he winked at me with his devilish grin and turned his attention back to his note.

"Oh oh, seems like Jerome has competition now." Chioma wiggled her brows. This girl can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

"Ah ah, Henry did you just wink at Jummy or am I seeing things?" Tega asked.

"She's Jerome's property oh. No go try anything, the guy no dey joke with him babe," Kunle warned jokingly. (Don't try nonsense,the guy doesn't joke with his girl).

The whole class laughed, except me, Elizabeth and Henry,who was confused.

These guys are annoying.

"Please, you guys should shut up before I descend on you." I warned with a stern look.

"Who's Jerome?" Henry asked.

"He's baba for the girls, most popular guy in school," Kunle answered.

Henry just shrugged like he didn't care and went back to writing his notes.

I hope Henry's arrival doesn't cause trouble....... I just hope.

________________________________________
Tysm for reading. Don't forget to VOTE and SHARE.

Who are you supporting?

Team Jurome? (Jumoke and Jerome)
Or
Team Jumry?( Jumoke and Henry)

Tag someone you think might like this book.