Chapter Forty six

Jumoke

Today, Tuesday was the last day of our third term examination. We were to have Food and Nutrition in the afternoon.

We spent the morning discussing how we were going to spend our long holiday.

Our end of session and graduation party was on Thursday.

The graduating students were to wear royal blue blazers, black trousers, white shirt and a black tie for boys and deep red dinner gown for girls while Jss3 graduating students were to wear white blazers, black trousers, white shirt and a black tie for boys and peach dinner gown for girls.

The remaining students like us can wear anything.

"So, are you coming for summer coaching?" Chioma asked.

"Nope, I don't think so."

"Me too. I want to flex jare."

"See mouth like flex," I teased.

"Have you bought your party dress?"

"Yes. Tunde, my mom and I went together on Saturday. God, you  need to see Tunde's blazers."

"Can't wait for party day, everybody will be dressed like they're going to red carpet. Bring your phone o."

"Sure thing na. How's your boo?"

"He's fine," she smiled, a type of smile she gives only when the topic of Lolade is brought on.

"Hmmmm......I go love o." I wiggled my brows

"You've already love na.....Is it not Jerome?"

I glared at her.

"There's no need to deny the fact that you like Jerome. It's obvious you like him."

"But, does he like me?"

She looked at me like I had grown two heads. "It's just like asking 'can birds fly?' ......Duh! Yes!! Isn't it obvious? I wonder why he hasn't even asked you out yet? What's he waiting for?"

I didn't say anything, I just sighed.

__________

Jerome

"I wonder why you haven't asked her out yet? What are you waiting for? For us to graduate?" Bayo asked.

I sighed. "I'm waiting for the right time. I don't want to rush things."

"Which right time? Is it when we graduate you'll now ask her out? See, guy, if you don't ask her out now, Henry will take her, stay there and be doing slow motion like Bollywood movies." Clinton chipped in.

"What if she says no?"

"Stay there and be 'what if-ing', you hear?" Lolade patted my shoulder.

"Abeg, Let's go break, I'm hungry" Clinton rubbed his belly.

"Clinton, you eat so much yet you're still thin like stick, where's the food going?" Bayo asked.

"Apparently, it's going to his attitude." I said.

"Fuck you, man."

I tapped the back of his head and he tapped me back.

At the cafeteria, there were a lot of people in the cafeteria, apparently, it was because only few people had paper today and the rest had subject that wasn't so important. Besides, spending time in the cafeteria is so much fun.