Chapter 52 - Like Glass (Devin Rosario POV) Pt.4

I just want to thank everyone for reading and voting, and your insanely hilarious comments. I love them!!

Chapter 52 – Like Glass (Devin Rosario POV) Pt.4

I have never liked playing with dolls and barbies. Not like Taylor had. She has this insane -no pun intended - imagination and even when we were younger, she'd cook up these extravagant stories.

I on the other hand, I was the annoying older brother that Javier was not. Our dad bought her this talking doll that was programed to do a few things. I didn't want to play with it like Taylor.

Instead, taking it apart, and looking at the hardware was my thing. That carried over to taking apart remote controls, to eventually building my own computer from scratch.

BUt, until now, I had forgotten of her obsession with dolls.

The memories were impossible to push aside now that I realized I was one. Yet, what I could not fathom or wrap my mind around was how old Taylor was when this thing with Samson started.

Or more so the plane tampering.

What would drive her to do that?

In reality if she wanted to spend time with Samson alone, she could have just said that. How many times had she been able to sneak off with Samson before?

I'm staring at the computer screen, my eyes burning when I realize that getting Samson alone could not be the only driving force that dictated Taylor's actions.

Not picturing my sister, I think of all the reasons that murders are committed.

Jealousy? She did not like sharing Samson with Silas...but then again, the next person that Samson hung out with the most in the family was Thaddeus. She didn't kill him.

Anger? What did Taylor have to be angry with that involved Silas? He was a jokester. The most mischievously playful – besides Thaddeus.

Obsession? Silas was in the way of her obsession with Samson, but, so was his family if you think about it. We all hung out together.

Revenge? This one I couldn't find to fit the situation at hand, but I hadn't known that Taylor harmed anyone until forty minutes ago. Maybe Silas had done something to Taylor, but I shake my head slowly. Silas was always kind to Taylor, thought he may have had a crush on her even.

Obstacle? Again, Silas was in the way, but maybe she thought that if Samson knew Silas had feelings for her that Samson wouldn't give her a chance, staying loyal to Silas.

Each variable I plug in seems to be unable to really hold water. To me, but that didn't make it a truth. Taylor and I clearly did not think interchangeably.

"I didn't know that Taylor had it in her to murder someone," I say a loud to no one, "But, what if Silas knew something about Taylor? Something she wanted kept secret?" Frustrated, the longest two minutes of my life, a new thought hits me just as my phone buzzes.

Taylor's face appears on the screen, and I nearly drop the dang phone, my body breaking out in a cold sweat.

When the phone stops and goes to the home screen, it immediately buzzes angrily, this time with dad's face. Quickly answering I push the phone up to my ear, "Dad?"

A few cars noisily race past me, and I cast a glance around realizing that I was much too vulnerable in this area.

"Devin sweetheart," he says strictly, with more authority than I've ever heard him use. "When you hang up the phone with me this time, I want you to throw your phone away, and the computer toss that out," it's my turn to pull the phone away from my ear.

What the hell is going on? I think eyes narrowed.

"What?"

I tear up. "Devin," again the urgency is there, but stronger, or equal with authority. "Use that money to get away from Taylor."

"Daddy?" his tone puts more fear in mine. "Devin, pop open the hood and unplug the GPS system on Samson's car. Do not use your laptop on any Internet wi-fi services. I want you to make yourself invisible. If you see a dealership or as is car sales place, stop there and trade in the car your in."

"Why – I don't understand?"

I push the phone against my ear, harder, even tilting my head to the side as I pick up the faint sound of someone crying in the background.

"Okay, dad, what the heck is going on?"

"Did Brennan tell you – do you have any inclination of where the Conrad's are heading?"

I bit my lip for a minute, unsure. "Uhm, yes," I mutter. He releases the heaviest sigh, static grits against my ear.

"Be safe Devin," he whispers hoarsely, the line clicks, call dropped.

.

.

.

Javier Rosario POV

"Get off my brother Javier!" Talia roars, "What the hell is your problem, Brennan's not even fighting back," she says when I look up, breathless over Brennan, pushing myself away from him.

"You cannot beat him up like that because you-" she shakes her head, "You're not just mad with Brennan, you're mad at me and my dad, hell you're probably angry with Devin and Taylor as well!"

I shake my head, "No-"

"Like hell," she says vibrating in place. "I told my dad, but you love me, and you'd never hit or take that anger out on me so you're beating the crap out of Brennan."

"And you Brennan, you're an idiot, for all the reasons I'm sure you know. First hacking with Devin... god she's not even good. She's learning and you thought the best thing would be to hack dad's servers?" Thaddeus snorts.

"Then because that wasn't bad enough, then you help her to hack our computers. Invade our privacy, I mean you're supposed to be the next leader Brennan, yet none of these decisions show that you'll be capable of doing anything but dragging everyone down with you."

"Maybe I'm not meant to be the next leader," Brennan says to Talia, mumbling the words as blood drips from his busted lip.

With her siblings watching the tennis match going on between us, Talia shakes her head.

"Javier, you followed me onto this bus, quietly I might add. Are you sure the person you're not the most angry with is yourself?" she throws at me with a bit less fire in her voice.

Jaw twitching; I look at my girlfriend staring mutely.

"I love you Javi," she says emotions flickering over her face. "But you followed me on the bus and you didn't ask about your sisters or parents."

"And I get why," she says softer now, "if you had, there is a chance that dad would have not let you come and you didn't want to risk that, so you thought for sure, Brennan would. The two of you are both cowards," she says shaking her head, and limping away.

Harleigh, Caterina and Paige follow my girlfriend to the back room, leaving Thaddeus, Brennan and I alone up front.

.

.

.

__________

© 2016 roxann_season All Rights Reserved

theories??

I love that a few of you guessed that Taylor was behind the whole Silas thing...

until next time :)