Chapter 51 - Unexpected (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.3

ugh, almost freaked out because I was trying to update this chapter and wattpad said:

'you have too many parts in this story, please delete some and then try again.'

anyways, it worked... hopefully... I do wish they'd create a merge chapters options... that'd be cool instead of having to delete parts.

Chapter 51 – Unexpected (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.3

It's simply breathtaking, I think as I step off the bus on my grandfather's property. It had taken him and my grandmother many years but they've cleaned the place up. The sun shone on the deep browns turning everything a brilliant orange.

One by one, the trucks and cars following pulled up behind us, lining up by the garage on the cobble stone pathway. At ease knowing that the true exterior of our travel method hidden since Boise, Idaho.

The large mature Sequoia's swayed in the cool breeze but still gave the property privacy and seclusion our kind needed, as above white flakes danced in the air.

My grandparents had gotten this property thirty years ago, slowly building and fixing things to their liking. The barn that was extended, the rustic feel of everything shone through and through. It was what my grand was the proudest of, that he built a home for my grandmother like the one she had a child. Granted, they had upgraded to indoor plumbing and electricity but they were still a far way from something that resembled the plans inside the house.

We had been here before with Nick, the alarms in my head go off.

There weren't many female werecats here, but then again, there were four more here than someplace where there were none. Exhausted, I have to check my own thoughts as though dazed by the riddle.

I had relocated two broken families here to live with my granddad. My aunt Michelle came here ten years ago when her husband went missing with four sons and three daughters.

Dad departs the bus, walking a few feet ahead of me, twisting his body, stretching out as he took in the broad skies.

The next person out, comes to my right, resting against the bus and my side. Angela.

"I might be wrong," she says nonchalantly. Who is she trying to convince here? "Really Ansel. I'm working with too many variables, and maybe one has nothing to do with the other."

Under my breath though I'm sure she can hear me, I stop her. "Angie-"

"No Ansel, just listen. I did not think of Nick, because once I learned that Taylor had money that we both know isn't from you stolen or any other forms, I thought 'Angie, someone used her to get the laptop or feed them information...' you know?"

I bob my head once, eyes straight ahead.

"Then, I thought maybe the money Taylor has had nothing to do with us."

"How does a girl come up with ten grand?" I scoff.

"Well... if she's desperate? I can think of a few ways. Selling drugs, being an escort... she's intelligent, for the most part if you're excluding her inability to understand Samson's disinterest in her."

I shift my gaze down to my feet, holding in the chuckle ready to burst out of me.

"She could be doing homework or writing papers for classmates not in her program or at the college. I mean, really it's how far she's willing to go."

"Like help Nick or someone else-"

"Even if she did that, I don't think it was done maliciously," I snap my head at Angela, gaping as though she had grown three heads.