Chapter 49 - Cards On The Table (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.2

Hey all :)
Ugh the heat is horrid right now in Illinois. I mean geez, the humidity is stifling! Anyways, I'm happy you enjoyed the little Fatima/Samson moments. And as for the bubble wrap... I'm waiting on my own safety suit! I mean seriously...

One reviewer said she fell going up the stairs. Just how is that possible? LOL

Chapter 49 – Cards On The Table (Ansel Conrad POV) Pt.2

"Did you get them?" I whip around to face my sister Angela as she types furiously on her computer. Gauging her behavioral reactions, the minute her shoulders slouch down I know she wasn't able to get a location for Samson from the short call he had just made.

"He hung up too soon," she answers apologetically. "So not the first time or second?" With her disappointed shake of her, Angela goes back to hanging back when Kalenah and I enter my office – poker face in place.

Everything he's told me is put on the back burner. For now.

The office has everyone that lives in or just around Bend that belongs to our Den, everyone anxious and unsure why I've summoned the families again so soon.

It had taken a few hours but now everyone over the age of seventeen that was in Bend and supernatural, even the Trenton werewolf family, and few Faes had come. Waiting in the motor hanger, Kalenah and I had already put Samantha, Amy and Simon to bed in the motorhome that Antone – Kalenah's father – would be driving to North Carolina.

In minutes I'd be giving them the all clear to leave.

After a couple hours, I had already come to the conclusion that the best thing to do would be to leave Taylor and Devin Rosario behind. Inform Shannon and Javier Senior of the threat while giving the girls money so they could head to their parents – two burner phones with them should they need to get into contact with us while we went underground for a lack of better words.

We were not by any means leaving without a trail, however I could not imagine a scenario where taking them with us was in benefit. They were friends, so of course, we would not explain why we left Bend, only suggesting that for now they seek acceptance into another Den as Devin and Brennan have broken up, and Samson couldn't stand to be near Taylor.

Hell, we had already warned our children to remain silent about Samson and Faith. As far as anyone knew, they had left before the rest of us but would meet us where we were going. Only Nova, Angela, and

Rushing set aside, I could not but think that slowly things were getting put together, even though a sword was hanging over our heads.

Maybe leaving Bend this way was how it was supposed to happen, I continued to think throughout the night while helping my children pack. We had become accustomed to Bend; however it was time to move on. In truth we couldn't stay forever but with a new goal to work towards I felt as though it chanced at the right time.

We didn't know when or if what Faith believed would occur, but after speaking with Nova, I felt it better to prepare for such a time. Sure enough, once I called Antone and Bess – Kalenah's parents – I knew they'd be great assets to us.

I had been setting up properties for the coming move, only two dwellings needing more work than the others. If everyone decided to follow me to North Carolina, it would be tight for a few months, as I had informed Angela, Nova and Kalenah. However there would be nearly forty adults, each able to help build what was already forming in my minds eye.