Chapter 22- Difference

MJ's P.O.V.

When I woke up, the sunlight was blinding my eyes. I looked at my surroundings and noticed that I was in the living room of our house. I was sloppily placed over the couch as I was easily tired from the celebration we had. It might not be so big of a celebration, but it was definitely a meaningful one. This is the family I longed to have. I've felt this gratitude and joy when I was with the lads, but nothing compares to the love of my real family. I looked around the whole living room to find no one inside. I stood up from the couch and stretched a bit and made my way around the whole house, but found no one in the house. I went to our front door to try and see if they're outside, but the door was locked. I was locked inside! Panic rose up in my chest and I was fumbling with the door knob.

I saw a note taped on the door. I picked it up and it read, “ Don't worry, MJ. We just locked you in the house so that you'll get used to it...

-Mommy”

My eyes widened after reading the note. Mom must be joking... What did the note even mean? My eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as I tried to understand what Mom was trying to say. Instead of pondering more on what the note meant, I went up to my room and took a long and relaxing shower.

After having a shower, I decided to check my phone in case Mom texted me or something, but there was nothing except for messaged that came from blocked numbers. I figured out that it was the lads and their girlfriends. I had memorized their numbers. Oh, and yes! I've blocked them from my phone last night with the help of Amanda. I quickly deleted the messages they sent me without reading it. I turned on my laptop and went through my twitter. It was full of hate and mentions from THEM. I shook my head and logged out.

I had nothing to do. I wasn't even hungry. I ate so much and too much last night! I decided to try using Omegle. A lot of people have been talking about this site and it got my curiosity moving. I was hesitant at first, but I logged in anyways. There was a button for video and chat. I decided to play it safe and went with the chat.

started chatting. “Hi” I started. “Hello. Asl (Age, sex, location) please?” “14, Female” “Oh. I'm 14, Female, too! Do you have kik, dear?” “Yeah. :) MJ_07 is my username.” After that, we started chatting in kik. She was really sweet and she was just the BEST.

After chatting, I realized that it was night time. I looked at the clock and it shot 7:30 pm. Mom wasn't back yet. I started to worry... “What if they don't come back?” “What should I do now?” those were the thoughts in my head. I decided to go down and check the fridge if there were food to eat. I saw leftovers from last nights' celebration. I heated up the food and ate dinner.

After eating, I watched TV. Then suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. Could it be Mom? I hope so. Please please. And to my relief, it was my whole family. The only bad thing was...

Mom, Amanda, and Dad were all drunk. It was one of the most horrifying scenario I have ever seen before my eyes. They were all staggering on their way to the couch, giggling and burping obnoxiously. I sighed as I closed the door. I never expected something like this to come out of my family. The lads would never allow themselves to be drunk while I'm within their care. I shook my head as I started missing them and comparing my family from them. It would only cause me more heartbreaks if I continue missing the lads, but pretending that I hate them is something that is killing me as well.

Tears started to blur my vision as I thought more about my situation. It wasn't a common situation wherein it only about simple decisions, it was something of much more complication. As I helped my parents and my sister to sober up, they all fell asleep on the couch. I decided that I should just leave them be as I wouldn't be able to carry them to their rooms anyways.

Once I got to my room, I checked my phone and noticed that I received a message from kik. It came form the person I was able to chat with in Omegle. We chatted until I fell asleep while waiting for her reply.

We started chatting everyday. She became my best friend online. I can't wait to see her personally! She told me her name was Nadyia. What a lovely name! She's just pure awesome! I can't thank God enough for bringing her into my life even if I hadn't met her personally yet.

Mom told me I was going to start going back to school in a week. I'm so excited! Really. I can't wait. But, I can't say that I am not nervous as well. New school. New people. Teachers, classmates, schoolmates, everyone, everything, new. Will I be bullied again? I don't know. We can just hope for the best.

A week passed and nothing exciting happened in my life. I just chatted with Nadyia the whole week; telling her how nervous and excited I was to go back to school. I am currently on my way to school. I was feeling jittery and queasy as we were traveling to school. Mom decided to drive me everyday to school, then Amanda will be picking me up. As I alighted the car, I gave Mom a small smile and a peck on the cheek. Once in the hallway, I silently prayed that the day would go well.

A/N: So as promised from the last Author's Note, here is an update! :D I hope you like it. This was obviously a filler. The next chapter would be up soon, so keep holding on! :D God bless! -M.J.

[edited]