Chapter 17- Unexpected

MJ's P.O.V.

When I got to the hospital, I was immediately sent to change and to get ready for the operation. I did what was asked and Dr. Newman finally came. “Oh! It's great you're early! We better get started.” she exclaimed once she saw me, ready and in a hospital gown. “Wait,” she said turning to me again. “Where are your parents?” she questioned. I stiffened. I sucked my breath in and answered, “They w-won't be able to come since they... did not take it very well.” Dr. Newman wore a pitiful look on her face but I looked away.

Once I was inside the operating room, I was quaking with fear. “MJ, calm down. We promise to do our best to remove your tumor completely.” Dr. Newman said turning around. I nodded, trying to convince myself and trying to believe her. She made me lie down on a bed. Right before putting the anesthesia, Dr. Newman said, “Since none of your family members are here to accompany you, and be the last face you see, I will be your “parent” for this meantime.” I nodded. Once she placed the mask over my nose, I started to become drowsy. “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ...” the doctors counted, and I fell into a deep sleep.

Dr. Newman's P.O.V.

I feel sad for MJ. She must've thought that it was better to keep the cancer secret from her family, but her family was too inconsiderate to notice what is happening to the little girl's health! Just last night, I hired a private investigator to check if MJ still had a family, her real family. I know that it does not sound good as it seems but I was pretty sure that her family wouldn't take it well, so I did what had to be done.

The private investigator I hired, called me up today and said that he found the family of MJ. I asked for the contact information of her said parents and told them what condition MJ was in. MJ's biological parents immediately asked what hospital she is admitted to. I answered and the phone call was dropped. I assumed that they would be coming here. I hope this is a good decision...

A nurse tapped me on my shoulder as I continued comprehending what I did. I'm still hesitant about what I had done, but I know it's for the best. Right? Ugh! I hope that I won't regret what deal I've done! I turned around and saw Ms. Tales. “Ma'am, your patient, MJ, has already arrived, we already asked her to change as well. We've also inserted the dextrose. “ Ms. Tales told me. I nodded and said thank you as I made my way to the operating room.

After asking MJ some questions and finding out her foster parents won't be coming, I assured her that we will do our best to remove her tumor completely. She has one of the hardest condition, in regarding with brain tumor. I only had one patient who had the same type and stage of brain cancer that she possesses, and sad to say, that patient passed away.