Dimitri

As I slowly got out of the car, my eyes couldn't wander away from the HUGE house. It was in the middle of the woods like everything else that seemed to be here, but it seemed like it actually belonged here, even though it was made of anything but wood.

He had parked the car at the edge of the house so I could tell it was easily two stories tall. But I still had to strain my neck to at least get to see the tip top of it. There were many windows spread around evenly, but half of them had their shudders closed so you couldn't see anything. I tore my eyes away from the mansion and looked at Alex. He just stood there, watching us soak up everything that we had seen so far, and I was glad he wasn't rushing it.

"This is where you live?" I managed to gasp.

"Yeah. Not what you expected huh?" He laughed as I shook my head.

"I thought you lived in a castle or something! You're a King! Kings live in castles no?"

He laughed even more and shrugged. "Not me. Well not any more. I used to live in a castle hundreds of years ago, but I got tired of it. So with the help of the pack, we built this one and I've been living here since."

"Wow...."

"Hey? Where are all the gates and security and everything? I don't see any posts or stuff like that that I have seen in the movies," Ali asked as she looked everywhere.

"Actually there is a fence, but you can't see it because it's about twenty miles away. You see, my whole property and my packs land is surrounded by that said so fence. We are in a protective circle if you want to put it that way and my security are my wolfs. When you have a pack that big that is mostly made up of the strongest wolfs around, you don't need security this close to the main grounds. You two will be safer here than the own Declaration of Independence."

"Wow....." We both breathed this time and he just smiled.

"Would you ladies like to be even more wowed by the inside? I promise you it will actually blow your minds....."

Ali didn't even wait. She just ran to the glass front door and bursted through it while I watched in shock. "Alice! Alex I am so sorry about-"

"It's alright," he promised and grabbed my hand. "This is her home now. It's yours also and you can come in and out whenever you want. But you won't be able to leave the property without an army by your side." I rolled my eyes at his joke and snorted. "I'm serious."

"You are?"

"Yes. You're the queen of the werewolves. Everyone is going to want to see you and all of the rogues will want to harm you because you're my weakness now. So if you ever leave the property, either I will go with you or a whole army."

"Well sh*t. Do I have to have a whole army as well if I want to take a stroll?"

"No. Maybe two guards just in case you get lost or hurt but no army." He grinned as we stepped in and my mouth fell open. He laughed, placed two fingers underneath my chin and softy closed my mouth. I just smiled and stood next to a speechless and frozen Ali.

Right in front of us was a winding staircase. If it wasn't connecting to the floor of the second story, it would seem like it was floating in mid air. Everything else was so..... Open. To the right, laid the biggest living room I had ever seen. Taking a couple of steps so I could see it all, I saw that there was a hallway that lead to who knows where. On the left side of the stair case was the biggest table I had ever seen in my life. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at Alex and he just shrugged and smiled.

"I like to have occasional dinners with my pack members. Call me normal, but I actually like to interact with my people instead of making them do my every wish. No one has complained of my long ruling so I guess I'm doing a pretty good job of it."