43

Don't forget to vote!

"souls don't meet by accident."

- unknown

Nina's POV

Gabriella and I were playing with a few of her dolls in the living room.

When we were in the kitchen, I could practically feel the tension in the air. Which is why I thought it'd be best for Gabriella and I to step out.

The more I looked at her, I could see the resemblance between both her and Luca. She was practically a splitting image of Danielle. I noticed the small freckles on her face and that she had cute little dimples.

She's definitely related to Luca. 

"How long have you been staying here Gabriella?" I asked her.

"Gabby" She corrected.

"Gabby?" I repeated, now confused.

She nodded her head, "Call me Gabby. It's my nickname... I like it better" She explained.

I couldn't help but smile, "Alright then, Gabby"

She giggled before placing the doll on the tiny bed that was in the dream house. "I been here for a few days... but I'll be staying with Ms. Carla starting tomorrow" She said, now pouting.

"But Angelo said I could stay here on some weekends!" She added, a big smile replacing the frown on her face.

"I see, that's good. We'll still be able to play together then!" I replied, her agreeing. Playing with her reminded me of the times where I'd buy Hailey dolls and things to play with. She would always want me to play with her, but I didn't have much time to with me being busy. 

I then noticed Luca a bit later as he grabbed his keys that were hanging up and headed towards the door, not bothering to look our way. From the look on his face, I knew that something was bothering him.

What happened in there?

Gabby was the first to get off the floor and rushed towards him, "Big brother!" She exclaimed happily, not quite understanding the situation.

His movements came to a pause as he was about to open the door, now looking down at her. I noticed how his whole body became tense when she grabbed ahold of his hand, just like before in the kitchen.

"Where are you going? Can I go with you?" She asked him, tilting her head to the side. I then got up and made my way towards them.

"We could go get ice cream, or watch a movie together!" She exclaimed. 

Luca looked lost for words... I hated that I didn't know what was going on in his head. Was he happy? Upset? Nervous?

"I... I can't do this. I'm sorry" He muttered out before separating himself from Gabby, her almost tripping over from his sudden movements.

I was quick to help steady her before she could make contact with the ground, "Luca wait-" I began but before I knew it, he was already out the door.

What the hell?

I was then brought out of my thoughts when I heard Gabby sniffing, looking down to see tears streaming down her face.

"Gabby hey... it's okay sweetie. Please don't cry" I coaxed as I knelt down a bit to her height, gently brushing the tears from her face.

"I... I think Luca hates me now" She cried out, leaning into my touch.

Both Carla and the guy that was sitting at the table came into the room, concern written on their faces. "He doesn't hate you Gabby" I stated.