36

Don't forget to vote!

"But we cannot simply sit and stare at our wounds forever"

- Haruki Murakami

Nina's POV

The past few days have been nothing but great.

I wasn't as afraid to go towards the deeper end of the pool, but I would only do it if one of them were next to me. I even managed to swim to the other side by myself.

I've gotten to know even more about Angelo and Luca, thanks to Mrs. Baker. Much to their dismay, she showed me several pictures of them when they were younger and told me all the stories behind them. Without them knowing, I snuck and took a few pictures of them with my phone.

She also helped teach me all kinds of recipes I could practice back at home. That way, we won't always have to rely on Angelo to cook something. I wanted to step up my game. I could just imagine the shocked expression on their faces.

Sadly, today was our last day staying here... and I couldn't help but be sad as we got ready to leave.

"Do you really have to leave so soon? Why not stay for a few more days?" Mrs. Baker asked us as we got ready to leave. With them having clothes already here for me to wear, I didn't really have anything to pack.

I smiled at her sadly before hugging her tightly, "We would love to but we can't" Luca replied.

"Both Luca and Nina have business back at the company, while I have my own things to handle at the club... and I have to figure out what to do about Danielle" Angelo added, a look of distaste written across his features.

I watched as Mrs. Baker scowled in response, "I can't believe that woman is back" She sighed out, shaking her head.

"You don't like her either?" I asked her.

"Are you kidding me? She's like the wicked witch of the West! She would always act snobby and thought of me as her personal maid. She was down right disrespectful. If it weren't for Carla, I probably would've quit a long time ago. No offense boys" She explained.

Both of them looked amused by her outburst, "It's alright Mrs. Baker"

After saying our last farewells we began to head out after Mrs. Baker promised to teach me how to make panna cotta and cannoli. Apparently they were different kinds of Italian desserts. They look really good from the pictures I've seen online.

"What have you and Mrs. Baker been up to the last few days?" Luca asked me, Angelo now looking up from his phone.

"Why do you ask?" I replied.

"I thought it was weird that she wouldn't let us in the kitchen whenever you two would be in there. I'm just curious" He said.

"Now that you mention it, that was very strange" Angelo added now leaning closer to me.

I may have told Mrs. Baker that I didn't want them to know I was getting cooking lessons from her, and she took it very seriously.

"Oh... I can't say" Was my only response. I could tell that they weren't too pleased with my answer based on the look of their faces, but they would just have to suck it up.

"So we're keeping secrets now?" Luca asked, sounding as is he was taunting me.

"Last time I checked, you were the one who chewed me out for keeping secrets. Am I wrong?" Angelo then asked.

The two were in the process of staring me down and I didn't know if I should laugh or try to hide.

Of course he brought that up.