01

Don't forget to vote & comment!

"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be"

- Maya Angelou

Nina's POV

I'm screwed.

Out of my four years of working here, I've always been on time. I made sure I arrived at least twenty minutes early so that I could have everything done.

But as of right now... I was running late.

My mom and I weren't on the best of terms, so when she tried calling me I didn't answer. Whenever I do, she's only asking about money. But when my little sister called, I knew it had to be something serious.

Apparently my mom went out to work while my sister, Hailey decided it was okay to cut herself while making a sandwich as she waited for her friend.

I still don't understand how that was possible... and why she felt the need to use the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

I ended up taking her to the ER and luckily it wasn't too bad, the knife didn't damage anything serious. After stitching and bandaging her up, she decided that she was gonna stay home instead of going to school.

Today could possibly be my last day... I know how strict Luca can be.

"Nina! I was just about to call you... is everything alright?" The receptionist asked as I walked into the building, already dreading what was going to happen.

I'm definitely getting fired.

I smiled at Cassie before replying back, "Yeah everything is fine, just a little family emergency... is Mr. Bianchi here?" I then asked, praying that he wasn't.

She then gave me a nod before looking back at the monitor in front of her, "He's in his office... he was expecting you to already be here so that you two could discuss the upcoming meeting"

A small sigh came from me before I thanked her, heading towards the elevator.

While the elevator began going up, I could feel as my heart began to race. Was he going to yell at me? He looks very scary when he's upset.

After a few moments, the elevator door opened and I began walking towards his office. After a few deep breaths, I knocked a few times.

"Come in" He spoke out from the other side of the door, his deep voice sending shivers down my body.

I then opened the door and stepped inside before closing it behind me. He continued to type something on his laptop as I walked towards his desk. Just as I was about to give him the coffee I got after dropping off Hailey, I saw that he already had his own.

Yep, he's definitely mad.

"You're almost five hours late Nina. This isn't like you, is everything alright?" Luca then asked, now looking up from the laptop.

I couldn't help but be confused as I saw how calm he looked, "It's good seeing you Mr. Bianchi. A family issue had come up... but I should have called to let you know, I'm sorry" I explained.

After a few moments, he nodded his head before sitting back in the seat.

"It's alright. As long as you're alright... is that for me?" He asked, referring to the coffee in my hand.

"O-oh yeah. I had got this for you but since you have your own-" I began before he stood from his seat, walking towards me.

He took the cup from my hand, "I rather have this one instead... I ended up ordering the wrong thing" He explained before taking a sip.