chapter 334

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was always an early bird, so her waking up early that Monday was nothing unusual.

She walked down to the kitchen to get some coffee, only to find Jeremy flipping pancakes on a frying pan while whistling a catchy tune.

Elsa was surprised to find Jeremy, ready for work, standing in the kitchen with his coat taken off as he flipped his last pancake.

Elsa leaned against the wall and narrowed her eyes as she stared at Jeremy. Why did he seem so happy? Making breakfast while singing a joyful song? Why was he so happy in the morning? Why did seeing him happy make Elsa so mad?

She couldn't help but remember those mornings when her pathetic self would make breakfast for that man, and he would look at it with disgust.

Jeremy put the plate full of pancakes on the table, together with some orange juice and tea. Juice for Braden and Elsa, and tea for him because he truly needed some that morning.

He felt eyes on him as he was setting the table, so he looked towards the door to find Elsa staring at him keenly.

He smiled at her, a smile Elsa did not return.

His smile slowly faded as he asked, "Are you okay?"

Elsa unfolded her arms, stopped leaning against the wall, and took a few steps closer to him as she answered with a fake smile on her face, "Aces!"

Jeremy pressed his lips together and nodded. "Okay." He then pointed at the table and said with a happy voice, "I made breakfast for us. We can have it together before I drop Braden off at preschool."

Elsa put her hands in her front jeans pocket and asked out of curiosity, "Why weren't you like this before? When did you have a change of heart? Was it after you sent those thugs to jail to kill me?"

When Jeremy heard that, his eyes narrowed as something Elsa said repeated in his mind. "You were told that I sent people to kill you in prison?' he asked. Elsa just shrugged.

Jeremy walked closer to Elsa, his eyes fixed on her. "Elsa, do you know which inmates attacked you? Can you recognize their faces?"

Jeremy's strange behavior didn't concern Elsa enough for her to wonder why he acted the way he did. So she asked, "Shouldn't you be able to recognize their faces yourself, since you're the one who sent them to kill me?"

When Jeremy heard that, he became even more suspicious and knew he had to hurry with his plan. Elsa had a deep grudge against him. She truly believed he wanted to kill her.

"Elsa, I never sent anyone to hurt you. I promise you,""he assured her.

Elsa appeared to think about it for a few seconds, then shrugged. "You know what? I kinda believe you, 50 percent at least." She whisper-shouted the last part.