Chapter 24

Sasha leaned forward and put her arms around her friend, she rubbed her back while she gave her a hug. "Wag ka nang umiyak, mahal ka din nun."

Kai shook her head and let out a short chuckle. "Baliw."

Sasha wiped the tears that seemed to be pouring nonstop out of Kai's eyes. "Yan tayo eh, pag nalalasing, nagiging senti."

Kai rolled her eyes. "Hindi nga ako lasing. Want to see me drunk? Let's order a few more drinks."

Sasha's face turned serious. "I don't like alcohol and neither should you. Seriously, hindi naman masarap yung lasa ng alcohol, and there must be something seriously wrong with you kung gusto mo yung lasa ng alak."

Kai shrugged. "I liked the margarita kanina. It tasted really really good," she said with a nonchalant gesture.

Sasha sighed. "O edi panindigan mo yang paglalasing mo. Basta stop forcing me to drink. Hindi ako umiinom. Hindi ko gusto yung lasa, and I don't like the feeling of a hangover."

Kai's eyes widened. "So you've been drunk before naman pala eh."

Sasha looked at her. "Tao din naman ako na dumaan din sa pagiging teenager na marupok sa mga peer pressure na yan."

Kai was curious now. "So what made you not want to drink anymore?"

Sasha avoided the question and reached for the microphone instead. "Sayang oras. We're here to sing. Kung mag-uusap lang din pala tayo edi sana di na tayo nag-punta dito."

Kai watched while Sasha flipped through the book of songs. She could tell she was highly triggered, so she reached for her arm. "Hoy, easy ka lang. Ang tense mo tonight ha. Akala ko ba okay na tayo?"

Without taking her eyes off of the song list, Sasha replied, "Okay nga tayo. Sayang naman kasi talaga yung oras. We've already wasted a few minutes kakausap. Let's make the most out of renting this karaoke room and use it for its actual purpose. Kung gusto mo umorder ng drinks, go ahead. I'm not stopping you, pero 'wag mo din akong pilitin pag ayaw kong uminom. No means no. Kaya kong mag-enjoy ng hindi nagpapakalasing."

Kai was surprised by the way Sasha reacted, but she didn't want to trigger her anymore so she stopped prying.

About an hour later, the two friends decided it was time to go home.

"Hey, Sash?" Kai's head rested on the back of the front passenger seat. Sasha quickly glanced over her. "Yeah?"

"Thanks for tonight," Kai smiled.

"Sus, wala yun," Sasha smiled back.

"And sorry for always being so pushy specially pagdating sa pag-inom, thank you kasi ang patient mo palagi sakin. I guess I just want you to let loose with me paminsan-minsan. Parang ang tense-tense mo kasi palagi. Parang ako—I mean—ako kasi when I feel the need to unwind and pag minsan masyado nakong stressed katulad ng pag-paplano for the wedding or pag stressed ako sa work, di ko kasi ma-program yung utak ko to just relinquish control. Alam mo yun? Unless I have alcohol in my system, I'd keep overthinking kaya mas I'm able to let go pag nakakainom. Parang when you're floating in the water, ako I can't completely float on my own. Masyado akong tense nga kasi, so ang nangyayari, I end up sinking kasi I go into a panic. Mas nakakafloat ako when I'm using some type of floatation device, mas I can relax. Di yata ako marunong mag-relax kasi talaga," Kai tried to explain.

Sasha glanced over her again. "I get it."

Kai pouted. "You keep putting up with me. Pasensya ka na talaga. Just to remind you, hindi toh kasama sa trabaho mo," she turned her head towards her.