Chapter 21

Zoe's mouth opened when her wife, Kai, and Sasha told her everything that happened before they were all discharged from the hospital.

"Hoy, panindigan nyo yung pagtindig ng balahibo ko," she said while she walked towards Sasha and gave her the biggest hug. "I am so happy that you're well and pinagtagpo kayo ulit ng kaibigan ko."

Sasha swallowed. It has been a roller coaster of emotions all morning, yet she felt like she had more tears to let out. "I'm happy, too."

"Okay, we need a story time, and we want both point-of-views. Let's get out of here and grab something to eat?" Kenny suggested.

Kai and Sasha couldn't stop themselves from smiling. They felt as though it was their first time meeting.

"Hala silang dalawa. Ngayon pa talaga kayo nagkahiyaan?" Kenny couldn't help but giggle while she watched Kai and Sasha shyly standing next to each other.

"You guys are turning red," Zoe teased. Then she and her wife laughed at the two who were both suddenly acting silly.

"Stop," Kai widened her eyes at the couple.

"What's going on? Bakit biglang may hiyaan?" Kenny laughed. "Sash?" She motioned for Sasha to enlighten her and her wife at the sudden shyness the two were exhibiting towards each other.

"She probably saw me naked," Sasha was horrified at the thought of Kai seeing her sick as a dog and naked.

"Oh gosh, Sash. Don't remind me kasi tong utak ko is probably going to search in its archive for visuals that I don't need to see again," Kai chuckled. "Hoy!" Sasha laughed with her. "'Wag mo ng tandaan kasi," she said feeling embarrassed. "Hoy ah, I don't make mental note of what my patients' body looks like. That's just wrong. Grabe ka," Kai said defensively. "Eh basta 'wag mo na isipin yun," Sasha replied. "You were the one who brought it up," Kai reminded her.

The couple laughed. "Yung halatang hiyang-hiya si Sasha pero I didn't see it coming na yung nakedness pala nya yung winoworry nya," Kenny pointed out. Her wife laughed even more, "Kaya nga."

Then they watched as Sasha turned even more red, she could feel her cheeks and ears getting hotter.

"Hey, don't worry, kung ano man yung nakita ko, meron din ako nun," Kai said to make Sasha feel better. Then she locked arms with her while an image popped up in her head.

Sasha turned her head to smile at her nurse-turned-closest friend. She and Kai locked gazes. Kai couldn't stop staring at her then she finally looked away when the image won't leave her mind. Sasha definitely noticed. "You okay?" She asked her. Kai quickly looked at her then looked away again while she nodded, "Yeah." Sasha continued to stare at her. "You sure?" She had to ask again. "Oo naman," Kai forced a smile.

"O sya, tara na. I'm hungry," Zoe motioned for every one to get inside the car so they could finally get a much needed meal.

At the restaurant, Sasha was bothered with Kai's sudden change of mood. Her silence made her feel uncomfortable. She watched as her friend took little sips of her soda while she stared blankly at the table.

Sasha subtly put her hand down and placed it on Kai's lap which made her friend look at her. Sasha gave her the "are you sure you're okay?" look. Kai smiled a little before she nodded.

Even the couple noticed the change in Kai's behavior, but they didn't want to pry. They knew how much Sasha affected her. They thought maybe some things are still painful for her to look back on even if it seemed like everything turned out fine .

"Sash, do you still remember what happened to you when they transferred you?" Zoe was genuinely curious. She and Kenny knew that one of them has to break the uncomfortable silence between the two.