Chapter 9: Act 4: (The Servant and The Bitch)

Honestly this is hell, being forced to dress up and then entertaining guest.

Currently I was in the central palace (or at least what I like to call it) and I was with Enkidu and Lucas because we were all quite bored and Enkidu and Lucas don't really like being around other people.

Enkidu was never a fan of these kinds of celebrations but Lucas although he was used to it thanks to my past life but he never enjoyed them either and as a matter of fact he was only here because Gilgamesh ordered him to.

And where is Gilgamesh?

Well my dear father is off being busy with final preparations before the celebration takes place meaning he left us on our own.

'That is so mean of him! If Gilgamesh never left then these people wouldn't approach us and we wouldn't have to escape outside.' I mentally cried a little as my body sagged over the stony balcony which I probably shouldn't do since the stone felt hot from the sun.

"Athanasia don't touch the balcony it's quite hot to the touch." Enkidu caught on rather quickly as he gently pulled my body away from the surface.

"Sorry uncle."

"When is this gonna end?" Lucas grumbled as he was leaning over the balcony railing and he was dressed up too, rather handsomely may I add.

"Seeing how this is my dad... probably a week at best." I responded as I sort of felt the heat get to me and so I leaned on Enkidu side.

"It's too hot for this..." Lucas said when he held out his palm which soon glowed a bluish color and soon a gently cool breeze passed us.

'Ahh... I'm alive again...' I thought as the breeze felt so refreshing and even Enkidu looked rather happy but soon I remembered something.

"Lucas what was that?" I asked as I leaned forward towards him looking down at his palm.

"Just a baby spell nothing much." Lucas replied back with a air of nonchalance but the smirk on his face said otherwise however I wasn't paying much attention to his face right now.

"How did you do it?"

"I just did?" Lucas seemed confused by my question and well they are times where we never really understand each other despite how long we've been together.

"But like, how did you do the spell because I want learn it." So to make him understand I reworded my question because I am a responsible person.

"Why?" However Lucas hasn't catch on to my intentions quite yet.

"Are you stupid? It's because I want to do it myself so I don't get a heat stroke one day!" I yelled out which startled Enkidu and Lucas for a moment

"Heat...Stroke...?" Enkidu mumbled out trying to understand what the word meant but alas nothing came to him head.

"Hahh?! Aren't you already learning how to use a sword? So why do you need magic?" Lucas eyebrows raised in offense and confusion at me.

"Because! You, Uncle and dad all can use it so I want to as well!" I retorted back and honestly I was quite close to wanting to strangle Lucas because he's just a asshole at times.

But soon I felt someone grab me by putting their hands under my shoulders and pulling me back to which I responded by dragging my feet on the ground a little but I looked to see Enkidu looking at me with a stern face as he held me back.

"Athanasia you shouldn't yell at Lucas and don't call him names." As he said this I went lax in his arms but I was a little pissed.

"You act like he's my brother and we're your kids..." at my words Enkidu eyes widened a little and I felt his arms relax a little around me.