19 regrets already

♦ ♦ ♦

I know I'm waking up with a smile on my face because I am waking up in Everett's bed, surrounded by his mouth-watering scent. The kind that has butterflies setting off in my stomach before I'm even fully awake. I've never felt like this before and I'm unsure if it's normal but I'm going with it.

One second there is a smile on my face and the next it's gone because when I open up my eyes, Everett isn't beside me. The duvet on his end of the bed is flicked up and pillows slightly ruffled.

When my lips slip into a frown I realise that the en-suite door is shut and the shower is blasting. I exhale an annoyed sigh at myself and settle back into the sheets, pulling the pillow close to my nose so I can drink in the smell, shamelessly.

Soon the bathroom door is cracked open and I lower my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I'm not sure why but I didn't know what else to do. Through my narrowed eyes, I stare up at Everett as he steps back into the room.

A white towel clung around his hips, droplets covering his unbelievably chiselled body. Muscles on muscles and muscles on those muscles. I have to resist my eyes pinging open to get a better look. Even the damp hair was sending me into a different dimension, why does he have to do this to me in the morning?

He turns around and grips onto his wardrobe door. I analyse his back muscles with every movement, twisting and flexing until I want to lick my tongue over everyone and memorise them with my mind.

Jesus, Reign. Why did I tell him I wanted to take things slow?

I've shot myself in the foot. No. I've fucking cockblocked myself and for what?

All I want to do is jump straight into his arms and allow him to touch me in any way that he wants, I'm sure those hands could be gentle and rough at the same time. I think a patch of saliva gathers in the corner of my mouth as I think about just how he would touch me, devour me.

I squeeze my thighs together because the built up pressure is enough to have me climaxing without even touching myself.

The only reason I said I wanted to take things slow is in case Everett gets bored of me, I don't want him to get used to my body, what I can do. It's easy for men to get bored, they're onto the next thing and we're left wondering why we were never enough in the first place.

When my heart clenches I tell myself to change the subject or I'll be having anxiety outbreaks all day and I don't want to go around stealing things today. I've been trying hard to control my urges and lower my anxiety.

Even Everett has commented on how well I've been doing. That means something to me.

I glance up at Everett as changes into fresh clothes, ones that scream he's out to do some serious business. A part of me wants him to crawl back into bed and stay with me until I decide that I'm hungry but proving to him I'm not overly clingy is important.