Chapter One Hundred And Five

"You betrayed me

"You betrayed me... again"

His eyes had darkened, and a vicious expression contorted his face into a completely different person. Nikolai wasn't there anymore, it was the monster. The monster; who was ready to shed the blood of anyone who stood in his way.

And right now I was his prime target.

A splatter of blood sprayed over my face as a man was shot within a foot of me. His face was indistinguishable due to the gleaming red blood splattered across it.

His body hit the ground before my eyes. The glass windows shattered all around us, I placed both of my hands over my ears, ducking down. Bullets were splattering off the ground all around me.

People were screaming, running around, hiding under the tables. It was chaos. I looked back to the spot Nikolai was standing a second ago, no one was there.

He had left, Scott had left.

I looked towards the door and saw Nikolai's soldiers, taking covers; their guns loaded up.

Then it was a literal bloodbath. My breath got stuck in my throat, and my eyes watered. I couldn’t believe what was happening as I fell into utter silence.

It was all so perfect just a few seconds ago.

Someone pushed me back, shoving me behind a giant pillar and I looked at the man to whom that hand belonged to. It was Marco; he hid behind a table and had blood over his clothes.

He got out from behind it, blindly shot, and then ducked down again.

I dropped down to the floor to level with him. "Marco, are you hurt?"

He shot a hateful glare my way. "As if you care!" he snapped, reloading his gun.

"I didn't do this, Marco, please, you have to believe me."

He got out from behind the table once more and emptied his gun before dropping down to the floor again. "The only reason I am trying to keep you alive is that I don't want you to die an easy death!"

"Marco..." I breathed out.

"What you did to Lorenzo is fucking unforgivable, Evangeline. You are just like your father was, I'm sure you must have made him proud!" saying that he rolled over to the other side, grabbed a gun of one of the dead soldiers, and then got out of the hall through the nearest exit.

I looked around and realized everyone had left, all the people who were hiding all around me had somehow found a way to get out.

I was only surrounded by a couple of dead bodies, shards of broken glass windows, and blood, so much blood.

I heard the faint voice of Nikolai from the outside of the hall, he was barking out orders to his men. I picked up a single sentence through it. "Spare no one..."