Chapter One Hundred

A cold bucket of water was splashed over Lorenzo's face

A cold bucket of water was splashed over Lorenzo's face. His head lulled as he tried to open his eyes. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and then lightly tapped his cheek.

"Lorenzo? Get up!" I ordered.

"What?" he whispered, still reeling from the drug, "Mrs. Costello?"

"Evangeline! How many times do I have to tell you that!"

He looked behind me, his eyes wandering all over the dingy cell, "Why?" was all he could manage to say.

"What?" I asked, acting indifferent.

"Why did you..." he looked down at his leg, "What are you doing?"

"I'm not going to do you the favor of killing you," I sneered at him, "Although I'd love to. But if I do, I know my dear husband Nikolai will be out for revenge and it's not worth watching the people I care about die for the likes of you. I won't let precious people in my life end up as sacrifices just to avenge you."

His hands were tied behind his back, his legs were tied to the legs of the chair, "What did I do?"

"Did you or did you not kill my parents?" I tried hard to not lose my temper.

He looked at me with a frown, it annoyed me how relaxed and unbothered he was by all this, "I was just doing... Uh... my job, I had to kill them, I was ordered to kill them. I had no personal grudge-"

My mouth had gone hard, I clenched my fist angrily. I slammed my hands down on either side of his chair and looked him right in the eyes, "But did he tell you to rape my mother?! DID HE?!"

He shook his head, moving it slowly from side to side. "I never raped her..."

"Yes, you did! You liar! Nikolai told me what you did!" I snapped at his face.

He frowned, deep into his thoughts, "I never did that..."

I squinted my eyes as I thought about what Enzo told me and what Nikolai said that night. Didn't Uncle Luca say that Lorenzo raped her before death? And Nikolai said that Lorenzo tasted her blood or was I not remembering it clearly?

"What did Nikolai mean when he said that you tasted her blood?"

He pierced me with his gaze and gave me a menacing look, a look that sent an icy cold chill through my body. "I always do..." he whispered.

I grabbed his face with one hand, my nails dug into his cheeks through the thick beard, "What do you mean?!"

"I like the taste of blood." he declared like the psychopath he is.

I made a disgusted face and stepped away from him.

Enzo stood in the corner watching the exchange, he raised an eyebrow as I glanced at him. "What would you like me to do?"