Chapter Eighty-Two

WEEK ONE

WEEK ONE

A week had passed by when he came to pick me up from college, and a week had passed by when I had last seen him. 

He dropped me off; went to the warehouse and didn't come back. I tried calling him, I asked the soldiers around the house, I called Scott, Bianca, and everyone I could think of to ask about Nikolai but no one knew where he was. I know Scott was lying, he knew where Nikolai was, and they are always together. He was lying because they didn't want me to know.

Nikolai was doing it again, ignoring me without telling me anything, ignoring me without even a reason.

It was not about our fight anymore. It was something else entirely. There was a reason only he knew. He kept talking in cryptic language and I'm not that smart to figure out what kind of mystery Nikolai is.

I paced back and forth in the living room, I had called Bianca and asked her to come over. She recently met with Nikolai's father, maybe he knew something and he told her.

Annoyed, I slumped over the couch and threw my head over my lap, wrapping my arms around myself.

I was scared out of my wits. What if something bad really happened to him? What if he is hurt? He had a lot of enemies, he could be anywhere right now and I can't even go out to look for him.

I tried to, but the soldiers all over this property don't let me out of their sight. When I step out of the front door just to be in the garden by myself, Lorenzo—the soldier appointed just for my safety, follows me from the distance. He tries his hardest to be discreet but I always know.

There wasn't a single moment of peace without Nikolai in this house. The walls closed in on me and I feel like I'm seeing things.

When I go to sleep alone at night, an eerie atmosphere envelops the room as if ghosts and ghouls are roaming freely around me. I sleep with the night light on now.

I heard footsteps coming from the foyer and I perked up, glancing in the direction of the footsteps. Bianca appeared in my view; all smiles.

I got up and opened my arms as she ran into them, I hugged her so hard. I needed someone here with me because isolation was driving me crazy.

Tears fell freely from my eyes as I held on to her, "I don't know where he is, B. I really don't know where he is... What if he is hurt? What if something bad happened to him? I'm so scared for him, B. No one tells me anything."

"He is fine, E, he's fine," she whispered.

I pulled back and stared at her with wide eyes, "You saw him?"

She shook her head, "No, but come on, It's Niko “The Devil” Costello, nothing can hurt him..."

"What if someone has?"