Chapter Fifty-Nine

Have you ever attended the wedding of your own husband?

No?

Well, I was about to.

I ran my hands down the light blue dress I was wearing, smoothing the perfectly ironed dress. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. The diamond ring shined on my finger reminding me what had happened yesterday, reminding me that I belonged to Nikolai Costello—the dark king of the underworld—and he belonged to me.

The dress perfectly hugged my figure, it had a long slit on the side that showed off my leg and an off-shoulder neckline. The dress was beautiful, perfect, Nikolai had bought it for me to wear at his wedding with Grace Russell.

Tears pooled in my eyes but I didn't let them fall instead I put the last pin in my hair and walked out of my room. Nikolai had left already to get to the venue and I was supposed to go there with Scott as his fiancé.

Scott offered me his arm with a smile on his face, I gave him a weak smile before walking with him to his car. We settled in his car, soft music played on the radio as Scott drove us to the venue.

"How's married life treating you, sweet cheeks," he asked with a stupid grin on his face.

I frowned at him. "Are you seriously asking me that question?"

He snorted. "That bad, huh?"

"Well, I'm going to my husband's wedding, how bad can it possibly be?" I asked sarcastically with a sickly sweet smile on my lips.

"Oof, rough, sucks to be you right now."

I let out a tired breath. "Scott, I really don't feel like talking or engaging in playful banter with you because yes, it definitely sucks to be me right now."

Scott gave his head a gentle shake. "I really didn't expect him to marry you..."

"What do you mean?"

"You were supposed to be a cute little plaything, and after he was done with you I was supposed to have you but you..." he laughed, shaking his head. "You  fucking have him by the balls."

"No, I don't. Do have any idea how insulted I feel right now? I feel like a dirty little secret, I feel like I am not enough, like I'm not someone he can proudly introduce to his family."

"Jesus Christ, you're a dumb fuck."

I glared at him. "First of all, don't you dare call me names, and second why would you even say that?"

"If it weren't for you, today might have gone quite differently. He is about to turn the whole family, his fucking mafia upside down for you."

Scott parked the car and his soldiers were quick to open the car door for me as I stepped out. He made his way around the hood, his arm encircling my waist as we entered the ceremony.