Chapter Sixty-Seven

"Evangeline

"Evangeline..." 

God! He was so handsome, so damn handsome. His voice, his eyes, his smile, his everything... All of it is mine.

He broke off eye contact to rake his burning gaze all over my body. Both of us were dressed in black. He was wearing a three-piece suit, all in black.

He walked closer until our bodies were almost touching. I looked up into his eyes and he looked down into mine...

The light breeze blew my hair back. He held my chin between his thumb and forefinger and tilted my head to the side.

"You look beautiful."

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I blushed. "Thank you; you look incredibly handsome," I complimented him back; I couldn't help it. I needed to say these words; he needed to know how devilishly beautiful he was. If only there were enough words to describe how good-looking he was.

He dipped his head, and even in my heels, I got on my tiptoes to reach his lips. Our lips pressed together; the kiss was short and sweet; he pulled back and smiled. He took my hand in his, "Come on"

We walked to the table, and Nikolai pulled out a chair for me as I sat down, and then he went to sit opposite me.

"You did all this for me?" I asked, biting the inside of my cheek.

"For us, we hadn't had a normal day since we got married. You deserve a dinner and so much more. This is a start, Mrs. Costello. No more Grace or anyone else."

I beamed at him with excitement, "I love it."

A waiter appeared out of nowhere and poured red wine for us.

"That's not one of your cousins, is he?" I asked as the waiter went back to where he came from.

He breathed out a laugh and then shook his head. "No..."

Smiling, I took a sip of the wine and then glanced at him from over the rim of the glass. He was staring at me like he had never looked at me before.

There was something in his eyes; my face heated up. I blushed, even though I didn't want to. I shook my head. A smile cracked his face, but it did nothing to calm me down. If anything, it got me more riled up.

I tilted my head to the side and cocked an eyebrow up. "What are you smiling at?"

"You..."

"What about me?"

"You are really beautiful, Evangeline. You look nothing like them..."

A crinkle appeared between my brows. "Like who?"

He gave his head a subtle shake before the waiter re-entered and served us our dinner.

My eyes widened a bit as the waiter placed the dishes before us. For the appetizer, it was something called, sausage and stracchino cheese crostino. I have never had it before, it was delicious, toasted bread topped with cheeses, meats, and vegetables. For the main course, it was creamy pesto gnocchi and meatloaf. I ate a little bit of everything.