Chapter 22

Aaron's Pov

The bright rays of the sun, flood every inch of my room as the alarm starts ringing causing me to dread the day already.

If you couldn't already tell, it is Monday.

The worst day of the whole week.

If anyone likes Mondays, they are for sure the most stupid human alive.

I sigh as I turn over to my other side and find Ashley sound asleep looking as beautiful as ever.

So carefree, without a hint of sadness, yet with a heart so broken.

I admire her beauty for a few minutes before deciding its best to wake her.

She groans into her pillow obviously not wanting to wake up.

"Hey, you wanna go to school? It's okay if you don't want to- or don't feel like to," I say.

"No its okay, just give me a few minutes. I have missed enough lessons as it is," She mumbles.

"Okay, I'm gonna go take a shower."

I get up from my bed, stretching my body in every possible way as I walk to my bathroom.

I stare at my messed up hair in the mirror and brush it with my fingers before undressing.

Once I'm done showering, I walk out of my bathroom with a towel draped over my waist and find Ashley sitting on my bed giggling at her phone.

This sight makes me happy and I would love to know what caused her this.

I give her a questioned look but she takes a solid minute or 2 to answer as she gapes over my body.

Ego. Boosted.

"I- um nothing, just Tyler making a joke. He suggested to meet up to talk after I told him we broke up," She says and my heart shrinks.

I ignore the swelling feeling in my heart as I know there are things to be done, people I need to talk to.

"Go shower then ill drop you off," I say stiffly.

She nods and skips happily to the bathroom.

I wanna see her happy like this always, but not with someone else, no. I want it to be with me.

But unfortunately that could never be true.

She is in love with my best friend.

After a few minutes she comes out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel.

I do a quick one-over before turning around.

"Um, do you.. have any clothes I could borrow?" She asks quietly.

I cringe at myself mentally for what I'm about to say but I say it anyways.

I turn back around -and God damn is she breathtaking- before speaking, "Yeah um, there was a red dress that was left here a few months ago. I could go get i-"

"No no it's fine. I don't want.. nevermind," she cuts me off. "What about your mom? Does she have any clothes I could borrow?"

"Right yeah I'll go ask her."

Fuck. What's wrong with me?

Unholy thoughts cross my mind as her image in that towel appears in my mind which I quickly brush off.

Not my girl.

My mother lends me some clothes and I rush back to her seeing as we are already late.

She takes the cloths and shuts me out, of my own room.

She takes a few minutes to put on her clothes so I take out my phone and start scrolling on it.

When she is finally done, she comes out and she looks beautiful.

Her radiant smile could easily shoo away any problems.

"Damn, getting all dressed up for Ty?" I tease, although it hurts me internally.

"Shut up," She rolls her eyes with a smile.

A smile I know too well of.

***

After dropping her off at school I decide to make a U-Turn and head back to my street.

I make a stop right outside of her house before stepping out of my car.

I walk to the door and don't bother ringing the bell nor knocking.

I could be charged for breaking in but I don't give 2 fucks.

I barge in and I'm surprised to see Ashley's father -whatever his name is- still passed out.

Deaf and dumb all in one?

Damn.

I don't hesitate before I run up to him and grab him by his collar, shaking him awake.

His eyes are now wide, with streaks of red in his eyeballs.

Pathetic.

I've had alcohol before and nothing would ever cause me to react that way on a person ever.

He gives me a confused look before realization dawns on him.

"You," he says pathetically.

"Me," I smirk at him before throwing a punch at him.

Eh, he needs to pull himself together anyways.

Why not do it for him since he wants everyone at his disgusting feet.

I throw him on the couch and give him a look which tells him to shut up.

"Listen up here you bastard, I wanna make one thing or you know, a couple things very clear."

"One, you will never ever lay your hands on Ashley until the day you take your last breath. If you do, I will not hesitate to send you to the hospital first, followed by the police station."

He chuckles at me and I throw another punch at him.

"Do you understand?" I ask.

He chokes out a 'yes', a very unbelievable one.

"Two, go fuck yourself."

***

Yallll hii! I feel so bad because I haven't updated in so long and now that I have updated, its a short one.

I am literally so sorry, I have a busy schedule, with exams coming up soon and I have alot of stress but... I am planning on finishing the book by February.

I will have a Two month holiday soon when I will be updating frequently so yeah! I apologise again, please don't lose hope.

Anyways, should I make next chapter Ashley's and Tylers encounter?

Let me know!

As always, I hope you have a great rest of your day/night.

Also thank you so very much for 20k like whatttt!

Bye!!