Chapter 19

Aaron's Pov

It's Saturday now, almost a week and Ashley still hasn't woken up.

Jason said its normal but I don't think it is.

Well I dont care if its normal or not, I really miss her voice, her smile, her sarcastic comments, everything about her.

I miss her.

I'd never actually admit that to her tho, no. My ego is too big.

I sigh as I get up from my seat beside her and take my car keys.

Kailani said earlier that she wanted to meet up for lunch and since I didn't have any plans, I agreed.

We have gotten pretty close this past week.

She even took over Ashley's place in helping me with Eli as she joined our school.

We turned Eli in yesterday and we got an A- surprisingly.

I park my car and get out of it, walking to the café.

"Heyy," Kailani drags, trailing her fingers up my arm.

I move it away uncomfortably.

"Hey, let's order."

We are at the café Ashley normally works at, I wish she was here.

"What can I get for yo- Aaron? Where's Ashley? I've tried calling her all week but she hasn't been answering," Xavier asks.

"Um, she isn't well at the moment but I'll tell her to call you when she can," I say.

I could see Kailani rolling her eyes from the corner of my eye but maybe I'm just seeing stuff.

Kailani is kind, like she used to be.

Xaviers body stiffens.

Does he know?

"Is she okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, she is fine," Kailani rolls her eyes.

He nods before taking our orders and slipping away.

After a few minutes, a different waiter comes by and hands us our food.

I ordered a cheese burger with fries and Kailani ordered a salad.

As soon as we start eating, the café bell chimes and almost the whole football team walks in.

They immediately see me and start walking towards our table.

"Yo Aaron wassup," Liam dabs me up.

We greet eachother and they request for another table to be set next to ours so we could sit together.

Tyler notices Kailani and a frown takes over his face.

"Ayo, man. Aren't you dating Ashley? Why the fuck are you on a date with this other girl?" Tyler suddenly speaks angrily.

"We aren't on a date. We are getting lunch together, as friends," I roll my eyes.

"If you can't treat her well, let her find someone who actually can!" He says.

"Pff like you? You have always treated her like shit. You think I don't notice?" I say annoyed.

"Because I've always loved her!" He says and immediately slaps his hand over his mouth.

What. The. Fuck.

"Rowan I want my 50 bucks right fucking now! I told you he loves her!" Liam says with a smirk.