Mending Hearts Sneak Peak

Was her resolve not to see Rehaan that weak she cannot even say anything to him now. She knows how he would come everyday. She knows how he would sit beside her for hours thinking she is sleeping.

Her heart ached when she saw him all withered and tensed.

It was their wedding anniversary the day she had lost everything. She so much wanted to ask Rehaan to leave but she could muster the courage.

She couldn't, just like she would constantly gaze at the baby monitor attached to her, she had seen her husband doing the same at night.

A whimper escaped from her lips from the ache she was bearing. It wasn't the physical ache but the emotional trauma that she faced.

Aafiya kya hua? Came the worried words of her husband who seemed to have forgotten about his own presence with her when she had forbade everyone from coming close to her.

Aafiya turned jerking his hand and turned to face the other side as she silently sobbed.

Still no words came out of her mouth to lash him for coming to see her when it was her doing.

That's what she was now with Rehaan. The emotional fool who couldn't even stop caring about the man who broke her. The man she silently fell in love with.

One thing Aafiya knew was that it would be difficult for her to grow out of the love for felt for the man who had gone out.

====

Something that would come from Aafiya's POV.

Marriage is one thing but emotional attachment to the person you call husband is something that always affects.

And Aafiya is emotionally attached to her husband.
Maybe this is the kind of love that even arranged marriages expect.