Mending Hearts 🌿 Part 5 🌿

Hello dearies,

I hope you all are well.

The Past is in Bold.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Mending Hearts

Part 5

Rehaan's words made Aafiya mad. She wanted to come out of his hold but he didn't let her. His hold was making her angrier by every passing minute.

"Chodiye mujhe.. mujhse galti ho gayi ki maine aapko batana chaha apne baare mein.. par mein bhool gayi thi ki aap kitne khudgarz hai.." she accused him.

Aafiya was broken and had nothing except her child to think of now. She was broken to the brink that even now his genuine efforts were futile for her. She wasn't able to believe him.

Rehaan loosen his hold on Aafiya but he didn't let her go. He could easily guess from where this was coming. He wasn't blind to her condition but his realisation had come when his wife demanded seperation.

It wasn't that he wasn't affected, both of them were equally affected in their relationship. If rehaan was at fault then somewhere Aafiya was at fault too.

She had waited for her relationship to crumble down before making a decision. Her patience was the thread that stretched their relationship to the brink of breaking down.

Only if she had confronted him sooner, they could have much better relationship.

"Haan khudgarz hun main.. aur hona bhi chahiye. Aur tum Aafiya tumne ek baar nahi socha ki mujhe kaisa lagega divorce ka sunkar. Agar hamare beech mein koi masla tha toh hum baat karte.. tumhe meri baat buri  lagi toh tum mujhe batati.. aaj tak kabhi aisa hua hai ki tumne mujhe kuch kaha ho aur meine na kiya ho."

Rehaan spoken for the first time after her decision of divorce. And no man would condone his wife asking for divorce not in a situation like theirs.

Not when they were in the family way. What does she think of him, he wasn't a heartless bastard who will just let his wife and child let go. If he had to be selfish for them, then he will do it.

If the situation had affected Aafiya then Rehaan wasn't untouched as well..

Aafiya looked at her husband who was correct this time. Whenever she had voiced out her worries he had solved them, well mostly he had choosen the shortest path that always made her sacrifice unknown to him, her comprises that he couldn't see, her aching heart for him to notice her pain, her eyes desperately waiting to be noticed by her husband.

As Rehaan's eyes watched the changing expressions on the face of his wife. He knew what he will have to do.

He immediately scooped her in the bridal style making her gasp. Her hands immediately hold on him making herself sure that she wasn't in any kind of danger of falling down.

This was the second time in the years of their marriage. First one was on their honeymoon where she had genuinely loved to be with him. It was the only phase of their life where Aafiya was free and never regretted a bit to be with him.

"Niche utaren mujhe, yeh kya tareeka hai aapka.." he lead her to their bed and placed her on the bed very cautiously.

"Aafiya can you be quiet for sometime. I am sure that your vocal chords will be highly affected with the way you have been shouting on me." He moved away a little her knowing that his presence wasn't anymore welcomed.

"Aapko meri baatein mazak lag rahi hain Rehaan?" Aafiya eyed her husband as she moved away from him  making an appreciable distance between them but rehaan just chided her moves.