Mending hearts Sneak Peak

"You are not going to work.." Rehaan Bellowed out infront of Aafiya.

"I am not liable to listen to you now Husband.. specially now when you have other prospective brides sitting in the living room." She picked her stuff one by one and threw it in her bag.

"Aafiya for God sake I am not marrying anyone. Why are you bringing that redundant topic again." Rehaan had enough of her stubbornness.. He was now tempted to have his way with her.. he never had this much of heated conversation in their entire life like he was having now with his wife.

"Redundant?" Aafiya mocked him and took her files with her.

She had already applied for job before even asking divorce from Rehaan and now she felt her decision was very much correct. She wasn't a fool who would not think before taking a drastic step..

"You have turned blind eyed but not me Rehaan.. your mother never liked me, she always wanted someone like your cousin for you and the fact that we bloody married in arranged fashion." She yelled at him. Her voice was a notch higher.

"What do you want me to do? Mujhe batao..? I cannot ask my mother not to entertain her guests. Tell me what should I do?" Rehaan asked impatiently.

"You don't have to do anything. Ab se mera jo man hoga main wo karungi.. aapka jo hai aap wo karen.. afterall we are nothing but two individuals who are miserable with each other. Behtar hoga ki hum alag hi ho jayen."

"Do you ever loved me Aafiya? Rehaan asked.

Aafiya stopped doing her work and laughed at him..

"We had an arranged marriage husband aur arranged marriages mein compromises, sacrifices aur adjustment hote hain, mohabbat nahi... Aur maine wo sab kiye hain Rehaan."