Mending Hearts Sneak Peak

Mending Hearts

Sneak peak

"Rehaan ek baat puchun?"

Rehaan's hands stopped as he looked at his wife. Aafiya was lying on the bed with her eyes towards the ceiling and her hands beneath her head.

"Haan pucho?"

"Aapne mujhse nikkah ke liye kyun haan ki thi?"

She turned towards him and lifted her body almost now in a half lying position.

"Why did you agreed to marry me Aafiya?" Rehaan asked instead of answering her.

"Pata nai.." she said getting confused.

"Pata nahi.. aise hi aapne nikkah karliya mere saath Begum.."

"Haan.." she replied

"Shayad aise hi karliya.. aap theek hi hain.."

"Acha.." he was amused by her thoughts.

"Bas theek.."

"Haan.. thode se busy rehte hain.. par wo toh koi bhi hota.. phir aap hamesha mere parents ki respect karte hain.."

"Aafiya wo mere bhi in-laws hain and I knew your father even before we got married."

"Haan lekin.." she now got up and sat on the bed.

"Lekin kya.." he put his work files and laptop aside and pulled his wife in his arms who was too eager to get in his arms instead of the files.

"Main aapko kyun bataun.. meine kahin padha tha ki shauhar ki jyada tareef nahi karni chahiye.. warna wo apni biwi ko taken for granted lene lagte hain.."

Rehaan laughed as he felt his wife's thinking and her innocent nature making a way in his heart even before he could say anything.