Mending Hearts 🌿Part 20🌿

Part 20

"Rehaan acha hua tum aagaye.." Nadira thought to broach the topic this time.
Last night she had seen that Rehaan had not listened to her but she knew that he wouldn't disobey her.

Rehaan was her only child who she respected and did everything she liked. He may have misbehaved in anger yesterday but she knows that her son wasn't like that.

She was regretting getting him married to Aafiya now. The girl was nothing but a disaster in his life. So, she thought to end the chapter of aafiya for once and all.

"Boliye Ammi.." Rehaan wasn't even interested in talking to anyone and especially to his mother.

His late night realisations have shattered the pedestal he had put his mother on. His illusion was broken really badly leaving him alone and helpless.

"Maine Aafiya ke Walden se keh diya hai ki wo apni beti ko le jayen.. hamen ek aisi ladki apne ghar mein nahi chaiye jise kisi cheez ki kadr na ho. Galti hamari hi thi.." his mother's cruel words made him snap at her.

Again, the venom his mother was spitting made him look at her in sheer anger.

His feelings, emotions and his needs nothing mattered to his mother. It didn't matter to her what he wanted. What does he desire to have.

"Aap hoti Kaun hain mere aur Aafiya ke baare mein faisle lene wali ammi",  Rehaan's words made Nadira look at her son. The sudden impulsive answer was enough for Nadira to see Rehaan again this time to confirm if she was looking at her son or not.

The tired face and red eyes of her son were not due to the restlessness and worry for his wife that time. It was the anger that he didn't know he had but the words of his mother were enough to trigger him.

"Did you know what I said to her? Maine usse kaha ki wo ammi ko kuch nahi kahegi kabhi nahi.. kyunki mein nahi chahta tha ki aapko kabhi bhi bura lage. Lekin ammi mein bhool gaya tha ki Maine Aafiya ke saath kitni badi na-insafi kar daali."

"Aafiya mujhe kehti thi ki ammi use pasand nahi karti. Lekin maine kabhi nahi maana ammi." Rehaan's tone was no less than his mother now.

Even he didn't know if he could speak like this. The torment he was facing, couldn't his mother see that.

He turned to see his father who had consoled him at night asking him to do whatever he wanted and this time he wanted to confront both his parents.

"Baba kya mein Aafiya ko jaanta tha? Kya wo mujhse kabhi mili thi? Aapne mujhe introduce karwaya tha." His words made his father answer.

"Nadira tum bhi aafiya se mili thi, agar uss waqt tumhe koi pareshani thi toh kyun nahi bola?" Yousuf zaidi questioned his wife directly.

The events and the revelations have even shook him. What did Nadira want, he didn't understand now.

"I am not saying anything Ammi, iska matlab yeh nahi hai ki mujhe yeh sab manzoor hai.. mujhe kabhi manzoor nahi tha. Lekin maine kabhi aisa kuch nahi kiya jo aapko pasand na ho and made aafiya do that. I spoiled her life ammi."

"Aapse maine kabhi nahi kaha ki main kisi ladki ko pasand karta hun ya shaadi karna chahta hun kyunki koi bhi ladki aapke saath nahi reh paati, isliye aapke upar chod diya tha. I know you well ammi. Aapko aafiya pasand nai thi toh mana kardeti aap jisse kehti mein usse shadi karleta, atleast I wouldn't be a culprit today." He stood up not wanting to eat anything.

He couldn't stomach anything knowing that his wife there was not letting anyone meet her.

He wanted to leave and let anyone convince her. He couldn't see her fending her for herself. He felt so low now.