Mending Hearts 🌿Part 3🌿

Mending hearts

Part 3

Rehaan lied on the right side of his bed. His one hand was lying on his eyes pretending that his eyes were closed and he was sleeping.

Her words were echoing in his ears.

He knew he wasn't perfect, he may not be the one who could show his affection openly but that doesn't mean that he was immune to his affections towards his wife.

Rehaan felt the silent tears escaping his eyes as her words hit him word.

He had neglected her, she was feeling suffocation with him. Aafiya had always been a positive personality in his life. Theirs was an arranged marriage like many out there. Their had been a hesitation between them in the start but then they got habitual.

"Isn't it natural? Wasn't it how the arrange marriages work?"

Rehaan felt his head bursting with so many questions. He felt like he has missed some important part of his life, their life. He abruptly opened his eyes and sat on the bed.

The room was already empty without her presence. Aafiya had been his someone without whom he cannot even imagine how his life would be.

"Agar abhi se tumhara yeh haal hai Rehaan toh uske bina kaise rahoge?" His conscience mocked him.

He got down from his bed and moved towards the room where his wife and baby were residing.

Rehaan stood outside the room for some minutes. His steps faltered as he twisted the knob and entered the room. The room was lightly lit.

Oh, how could he forget that his wife couldn't sleep in dark and this had been the reason of their various sleepless nights.

He moved towards the bed and saw her curled form. One pillow was secured under her head and one she was holding close. The duvet was carelessly thrown on the one side. He kneeled down and saw the dried traces of tears and his heart lurched at the sight.

He so much wanted to touch her but her words hit him back.

"Haath na lagayen"

She didn't want him anywhere near her and by extension now their child.

He put the duvet on her again and silently left the room with a new determination.

****

Rehaan spent the time pondering what he could do to make her understand his point. How should he understand her.

They have a huge gap between them that he had realised.

"I need time, yes wohi time jo shayad main nahi de pa raha hun Aafiya ko. I need to think something to make her reconsider her decision. Rehaan Yusuf Zaidi yeh socho ki roothi hui biwi ko kaise manana hai."

Next morning, Rehaan first went towards the guest room where his wife was sleeping. He just went and looked at her sleeping form. It was usually the time Aafiya would be down preparing the breakfast. His wife had been working like a clock all those years that's what he had realised.

He went downstairs and saw his parents sipping their tea.

"Good morning Ammi, baba.." he greeted them.

"Good morning." They greeted him back.

"Chai loge Rehaan?" His baba asked him but rehaan denied.

His mother looked at his casual clothes, he was freshly showered and seems like he was having a day off.