Mending Hearts 🌿Part 18🌿

Part 18

"Rehaan.." Yousuf Zaidi kept his experienced hands on his son's shoulder who was trying to cope up with the situation.

The situation that was the creation of his own family.

The red eyes of his son were enough for  to know how tormented his son was. This was the first time Yousuf  Zaidi knew what helplessness was when family was crumbling in front of him and he couldn't do anything.

It didn't took a second for his son to hug him and cry. It was one of the occasions where he needed to take decisions.

"Why didn't you let us know about the situation beta?"

"It's all because of me baba.. it's all my fault. How can I be so blind to her sufferings. Aafiya ne mujhe baar baar ammi ke bartaav ke baare mein kaha lekin meine uski nahi suni.. I thought it was usual. Ammi jaise mere aur aapi ke saath thi.. mujhe laga waise hi hoga.. lekin aisa nahi tha..Acha hota main use jaane deta.  She wanted to leave, she wanted out child to stay alive."

The relevations of the last few hours had made Rehaan feel miserable. His wife demanded divorce because she knew that the amount of stress and tension she gets at their home would be dangerous for their child.

The doctor had warned her and the only solution she could think of was to remove herself from the stressful environment.

That included Him as well.

She was just trying to protect what was left for her.

She wanted a separation so that they can have their child alive and breathing. She did not wanted a repeat of what happened last time with them.

"Bas Rehaan.." Rehaan was stopped by his father.

Yousuf Zaidi knew that his son was at fault but today he felt that it was his mistake more. He saw how his son and daughter in law were miserable but they have never let others know the reason or let anyone know.

It was the first time he had seen such a situation and it was the only time when things went out of hand.

"Take a decision son.." he told Rehaan  after some thought.

It's now or never.

"Decision?" The only word that Rehaan know was now his impending seperation from his wife.

"I know how your mother is Rehaan aur agar aap apni ammi ke saamne Aafiya ka saath nahi de sakte toh azaad kardo use. I know my wife Rehaan, Nadira will not see what she has done. It's difficult to change her thinking." The crude and true words of his father made Rehaan tell the truth to his father.

"I was looking for an alternate residence. Kal mein aafiya ko wohi dikhane lejane wala tha but all this happened. Baba, it's my fault. Mein jaanta tha meri ammi kaisi hai aur phir bhi maine Aafiya se wo sab expect kiya jo main kahin na kahin khud nahi kar paya. Mehak aapi nahi kar payi." Rehaan blamed himself like he always did.

This was what Nadira had done to their son. She had always held others responsible for what she did. The strict upbringing and toxic environment had made Rehaan change to an extent that he failed what was happening in front of him.

"Rehaan Nadira ke mijaaz se toh tum wakif the, yeh faisla bahut pehle lelena chahiye tha.. Rehaan aap dono ke liye faisla aap dono ko hi Lena hai.. koi aur nahi lega, kisi ko farak nahi padega.. think what needs to be done now son." Yousuf Zaidi left his son to ponder over the things now.