Chapter 49: Dope

12/25

I just wanted to dedicate this to the person who had cared about me since I made this account and started writing my books. Thank you coronasucks1212  you have helped me so much, you are probably one of the most genuine friends that I have, and I hope you enjoy this one!

-

Lauren (Kettering) POV

"You will look amazing! Come one Ror, you've gotta!" I say, moving my hand up to her shoulder, grinning.

"Lauren, I don't know. That's a big change, like a huge difference from now and-"

"Isn't that what you wanted?!" Cynthia interrupts, smiling as wide as I am.

"Well..." She looks between us, and then over at Madi who is talking to Chrissy, Sab, and Ava about her pink she wants to do. "I guess. I mean, yes. I'm going to dye it all black," she finally smiles, both Cynthia and I cheering. Madi walks over, tilting her head,

"What's up?" Rory smiles, looking suddenly excited in a really adorable way. She's 19, and I know it sounds weird, but it's so cool to see her when she's really excited or happy. Because it doesn't happen a lot. She hides emotions, and I like that she's comfortable around us, me and the NACH girls. Her and Anna get along really well, and Dev too, but we all invited her because we all wanted to get our hair done today.

"I'm gonna dye it black!" Madi's face instantly switches from curiosity to shock.

"You're going to take you're gorgeous dirty blonde hair and just... black it out? All the way?"

"W-Why? Is that b-bad?" Rory asks, her eyes widening at Madi's expression.

"Yeah Madi, is that bad?" Cynthia asks, both of us crossing our arms and raising our eyebrows. Madi looks between us, rolling her eyes jokingly and looks back at Rory,

"No, it's not. Just, just think about it a little more before you commit, okay?" She smiles before walking away and pulling out her phone.

-

Madi POV

"Yes Chase, I mean dark black. All the way black."

"Why would she do that? She's already gotten all the new piercings, the contacts to replace her glasses, she stopped wearing her snowflake necklace... Why this too?" He sputters out, his voice sounding panicked.

"She wants a change, needs a change. Actually a lot of change, and I know that for a fact.

"She hasn't even talked about it Madi. To anyone. Not since the night that it happened. But she's letting it make all these decisions for her!"

"She needs control Chase. He took it from her, and then took advantage. So now she's getting it back. But also... Lauren and Cynthia may or may not have suggested it. And pushed it. Slightly."

"Cynthia. She's listening to Cynthia. Oh my god," I hear him pause, before continuing, "Okay Madi. Thank you for calling me. She can do whatever she wants though. And if this is a huge mental breakdown in the making, thank you for telling me because now I'll know. Just... go have fun alright. I'll talk to you later,"

"No problem Chase, bye." I put my phone into my back pocket, turning to see Rory and Chrissy laughing and talking looking at some haircut samples. I sigh, smiling softly as I walk over to stand with the other four girls who are standing together now. "Hey."

"Hey, are you good?" Ava asks, looking at me concerned.

"Yeah, I am. Just checking with Chase. He asked me to tell him what she decided because well..."

"Because this is her having a major mental breakdown in the form of her appearance." Sab looks me dead in the eye, and I dryly laugh,

"Well, yeah." Lauren shrugs, smiling as she watches her smile with Chrissy, excitedly messing with her hair,

"I mean, we've all done it." Cynthia laughs,

"Literally. We've all done it," We all smile, giggling before a couple of girls who work here walk over, checking on what we're having them do so they bill us right.

-

Rory POV

"Are you ready for the reveal?!" Chrissy says, excited. I smile, nodding. I've never had my hair this long, so this is crazy. I can feel it on my chest, and I know it's curled, so I don't even know how long it actually is. "Okay, 3... 2... 1... What do you think?!" I open my eyes, looking in the mirror. My eyes widen as I stare at the girl in front of me, who honestly looks nothing like me.

"W-Wow

"W-Wow... I... I love it!" I grin, excitedly twirling the ends with my fingers. "Thank you so much," I stand up and hug her tightly. She laughs,

"You're welcome honey. Do you want to go talk to your friends, and then we can all go and do the pictures and Tiktoks?"I pull away, nodding as we part ways. As I walk over I see that Cynthia, Lauren and Sab are done, but Ava and Madi are still in the chairs.

"Oh my god you look-" Sab excitedly starts, but Lauren interrupts her, finishing it with,

"Freaking amazing!" I laugh as she hugs me.

"I really think I like it. It's... so different. But, I like it. I like it a lot." I smile.

"Good." Cynthia grabs my hand, "Because we talked you into it, and Chase would have killed me if you hated it." She looks dead serious, but I realize she's joking once all three girls start laughing, so I laugh along.

-

I knock on the front door to James' house, turning and waving to the girls as they drive away. I still have a smile on my face as I turn back around and the door opens.

"Hey- OH MY GOSH! You look-" James' eyes are wide, but he gets cut off by Charli,

"Rory! You look amazing!" She pushes him out of the way, pulling me in through the doorway in a hug, squeezing me tight.

"Okay, y'know, not like this is my house or anything. Just pushes me out of the way, cuts me off," James rambles, throwing a hand up into the air in exasperation. I giggle pulling away from Charli.

"Well I'm sorry, but look at Rory! She looks amazing, and she is my queen." She says, and turns her nose up at James and wraps her arms around me from the side, standing there. Chase walks out, doing a double take when he sees us.

"Dude, it's dope! Oh my god!" He walks over to us and takes a strand of my hair, looking at it.

"Thank you," I smile as Charli let's go.

"You just died your blonde hair black, just like that?" Dixie asks, having just walked in with Noah. "Don't get me wrong, it's great, but..." she smiles and I nod,

"It's a lot, but I'm excited." I smile, "It's... different," I say, taking some of my hair through my hand. "I need different." They all nod, watching me cautiously almost as I stand in the middle of all of them. Just the we hear Larray yell from somewhere else in the house,

"Come on girlies, let's go!" We all laugh and walk towards the voice, talking about what we're doing.

-

Good morning! I hope you guys like this one and I will be. posting a lot more later.

Comment and vote to tel me what you think, I really appreciate it.

Thank you guys for reading, love you guys!