Chapter 1: Sweatshirt

edited :)

-

Rory POV

"BRYCE HALL! No, No, No, ABSOlutely not! Pleeeeease no, Bryce!" I yell as I'm chased around the Sway House by my boyfriend. We pass Griffin who just laughs at his friend's antics. I run outside before realizing I'm cornered between the house and the fence.

Bryce smiles innocently at me as he approaches, before grabbing my sides to lift me up in the air. I shriek and, when I look up, I notice Blake and Griffin laughing at me.

"Put. Me. Down. BRYCE! GRIFFIN, BLAKE HELP ME!"

"Baby, they couldn't save you if they tried," He smiles up at me, and for a minute I think he's going to let me down and kiss me, but instead I am tossed upwards, flying through the air. I scream loudly, and all three boys erupt in laughter.

"BRYCE HALL" I yell as my soaking wet body bobs in the water, my 5'0 structure not helpful in the deep pool I was just thrown into.

"Yes baby?" He says sweetly before laughing some more.

"Get. Me. Out." He laughs for a second more before leaning towards the edge and grabbing my hand, lifting me out of the pool with ease.

"Bryce?" I say, pushing myself up with his shoulders.

"Yeah Sweets?" He says smirking and leaning down towards me, for what I'm sure he expects to be a kiss.

"You sir, are in big trouble." I say before turning and walking over to and past Griffin and Blake who erupt in laughter at what I expect to be a very confused little Bryce. I'm dripping wet but let's face it, these boys don't care at all if there's water everywhere. I have to clean the house like twice a day.

I march myself up the stairs and walk towards mine and Bryce's room. I was wearing a niceish outfit as we were supposed to go hang out with the "Hype House people" today at their new place, but I think I'm just gonna give up and steal some of Bryce's clothes.

I grab a sweatshirt from Bryce's um

I grab a sweatshirt from Bryce's um... pile basically, and some tall Nike socks from his drawer, and then some spandex shorts I bought yesterday for me and some converse from my stuff, walking into our bathroom. Once I'm changed, I go and wipe off my ruined makeup, redoing it just with some light concealer and mascara, as well as doing my eyebrows. I put two small hoops earrings in and adjust my ring I have in my cartilage piercing before putting on my glasses. I stand and look into our full length mirror, fairly proud of my finished result.

Just as I'm finished Blake walks in. Blake and I have a strange relationship. We're extremely different, but we get along very well. He's like another version of Bryce, which is why we probably make even less sense than Bryce and I, but he is really sweet when he wants to be.

"Hey Rory, you ready to go, Thomas just texted and said Josh, Jaden, and Nessa are already there, and Charli, Dixie, and Addison are as well." He smiles at my reaction when I hear Nessa's name. She is literally one of my best friends in the whole wide world. We're very similar except I'm even more shy if possible. That's why I don't even have an Instagram, let alone a Tiktok.

"Yes! I'm so excited! I miss Nessa and the boys so much!" I grin, jumping up and down. I see a smile of his face as well as he says,

"See, Rory this is why we're all so happy about you and Bryce dating," making me tilt my head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask, standing up, grabbing my phone and airpods.

"Most girls would be so excited to meet all of these popular famous people, and you barely react to them. Like, other than being awesome, you're normal, I mean like you're not famous, not that you're not great y'know," I laugh as he backtracks, waving him off, and let him continue, "I mean like Charli has what? 60 some million fans, and you know that to an extent, but you don't care"

"They're famous but like I don't care. Like your right. I just don't get it I guess. But like when I met Bryce and Josh I had no idea who they were. And you guys are about the same as them. So if I didn't care about y'all's fame or whatever why should I freak out about theirs, especially if I know basically nothing about it." He just smiles at me, shaking his head as he puts his hand on my back, pushing me out through the door.

We walk to the railing to see Griffin, Anthony, and Bryce standing by the door waiting for us.

"Yo Blake, hands off my girl, time to go!" Bryce yells up the stairs, making all of us laugh as Blake jumps down the stairs like five at a time, basically flying. Once he gets to the bottom they all look at me like I'm going to do the same thing.

"Absolutely not. I will meet y'all in the car." I say as I start walking down the stairs. Anthony, Blake, and Griffin walk out the door but Bryce stands waiting for me.

"Are you mad at me Sweets?" He pouts as I walk towards him. I swear these boys, but obviously especially Bryce, have so many nicknames for me: Rory, Ro, RoRo, Baby, Babe, Sweets, Aury, my actual name, Aurora, and probably more that I can't think of. I guess they're easy to think of.

He wraps his arms around my waist as I say, "No, it's fine. Now I get to wear a sweatshirt," with a smirk on my face.

"Wait is that mine?"

"Mayyyyybe" I bite my bottom lip looking up into his eyes. He smiles shaking his head and he leans down, connecting our lips.

"YO LOVE BIRDS, GETTA MOVE ON" Griffin yells from the car, loud enough that we can hear him inside, making us break apart laughing. Bryce pulls on my hand as we walk through the doorway towards the boys.

"Rory, you ready to meet some more famous people?" Blake says from the back, grinning at me as I walk around the car to the passenger side.

"I guess" I just shrug getting in.

"Yo, how much you wanna bet she doesn't know any of them?" Griffin laughs, poking my shoulder.

"Okay okay, hey I know Josh, and Jaden, and Kio, and Olivia, and Nessa, and I've seen pictures of Avani with Ant, and I've seen Dixie with you Griffin. Oh and there's that girl who was on Jimmy Fallon and that boy you and Josh did the diss track on Bryce... right? I dunno"

"Yeah that's Chase, Chase Hudson, who is "Lil Huddy". And then Charli D'Amelio was on Fallon," Bryce says as he begins to drive off, placing his right hand on my thigh.

"Charli is Dixie's younger sister Ro," Griffin adds, looking up from his phone. I just nod in respond looking back. I see that all of the boys are on their phones, Anthony making a Tik tok while Griffin and Blake are typing away.

This should be interesting.