Chapter 31: My Life

Rory POV

I wince as the nurse wraps the bandage one last time around my arm."I'm sorry sweetie," she says, giving me an apologetic smile.

She looks down, opening her mouth to say something else, but the door opens and the doctor walks in, waving her out. She nods at me, smiling one more time before leaving."Hi Aurora, I'm Dr. Jamison, do you remember me?"

I nod, saying,"Yeah, I saw you earlier."

"Okay well, I just want to talk for a minute. Your friends are out there, and I heard your boyfriend just ran in," I smile, even though I know he's going to be so mad, at the boys as well as me. Maybe. I don't know.

"I just wanted to talk. The nurses, when they cut your shirt open to get to your shoulder, they saw something on your side." My eyes widen, my face probably visibly dropping. Oh no.

"Please, no it was just one relapse, I-I didn't mean to, I j-just-" I start struggling to breathe. If he calls my parents, or most of any of my family, I can't, I just can't.

"Aurora, Aurora calm down. You're 18. If I don't see you as a danger to yourself, you get sent home. Minus the injuries to your arm, we would never have to speak again. I just want to hear what happened." He says, speaking with a calm tone.I sigh, trying to calm down, thinking about yesterday...

-

"While I do recommend that you go see someone for your issues, I think you have these issues under control." I nod, feeling much less nauseous than I did ten minutes ago. "I do have a couple other things I want to ask,"

"Yes?" I ask, tilting my head."Does that boy know about all of this? Your friends you live with here? I'm asking to basically know if you have a support system."

"They all know my past was rough. Bryce, my boyfriend, one of his friend's that I'm extremely close with, and my best friend know the details. My boyfriend doesn't even know that I relapsed, only a few of our friends think I almost did. No one knows I did. I just can have them know." I look down, feeling pure dread, thinking about Bryce's face, Nessa's face, Jaden's face if they knew I'd relapsed.

All the Sway boys, Olivia, Nessa, and I'm pretty sure now Dixie, they all know I have mental health issues, with self harm etc, and pretty much everyone knows I struggle with some things from my past. Only Nessa, Bryce, and Blake know why. What. Everything.

"Rory, I just need you to pay attention for one more question. We found evidence of physical trauma. Both past and recent. I obviously now know what the past trauma is, but I need to know, is the recent trauma from people around you right now? People you live with, your consistent friends? I need to know the story."

"Bryce didn't. No one I love with did either. I was um... I-I was assaulted at a p-party..." I say, looking down, ashamed.

My brain starts flashing pieces of memory, but it's interrupted by the doctor standing up from the side of my bed. "Alright well, keep trying to trust those people around you. It's clear that you've experienced a lot of trauma, especially as of recently. You've been through a lot, but you seem like a very brave young woman." He smiles warmly, before turning and walking out. I sigh, leaning back.

-

Bryce POV

-

I run into the hospital from the car as fast as I can running to the front desk, "I need to see-""Bryce!" I see Kouvr, Olivia, and Mia stand up."Sorry, one second," I say to the woman, who gives me a sympathetic nod and smile. I think she knows who I'm asking about. "What happened to her arm?" I say, extremely seriously."They're saying her humerus, the arm bone, probably has a bunch of fractures and that her scapula, her shoulder, is probably completely broken, like a giant crack. Her elbow and hand are broken too." I put my face in my hands as Mia talks, shaking my head. Why did I go to that meeting?"Bryce, hey buddy seriously, she's going to be okay. The doctor said he needed to speaks with her privately, and that that wouldn't take long at all. He'll be out in a few minutes, and they'll tell us officially." As if right on cue, Olivia finished talking, I see Alex and Kio walk in with a teddy bear, and the doctor walks in,"Company of Aurora Matthews?"