Chapter 19: His

Rory POV

-

"I-I was actually g-gonna leave..." I try to smile, but fail, too nervous because of the hand that has made it to the side of my face, and how close he has progressively gotten since he started talking.

"I think you're gonna stay here with me," He gives me an almost evil grin before gripping my upper arm hard, yanking me up and out of the chair, causing me to yelp before he continues, putting his face up close to my ear, "Why don't you and I go upstairs and have a little fun?" I can feel his hot breath against my face, and I can smell the alcohol in it. I shake my head, unable to speak from the terror building in my chest.

He pulls me into the main area that leads to the hallway with the stairs, literally dragging me through the crowd. No one pays attention to me, or the look of fear that probably resides on my face as I'm pulled through their sea of moving bodies.

Suddenly I lock eyes with someone across the room. I know I recognize them. I've seen his face before. His eyes widen when he sees Lucas get rougher, dragging me towards the hallway. I feel a tear drip down my face. What is going to happen?

As I see the stairs I start trying to pull away, he turns towards me, and says straight into my face, "You're at my party. You're going to do exactly what I tell you to. Got it?" with extreme force. When I only tremble, unable to speak, he shakes me by the shoulders, and continues, "I'm done being nice. Come on." He slaps me across the face, causing me to begin crying for real. "If you think that hurt, just you wa-" He's cut off by another male voice behind me.

This time, it's not Noah though.

-

"Baby?" At the interruption of Bryce's voice, my whole body jolts

"Baby?" At the interruption of Bryce's voice, my whole body jolts. "Are you okay?!" He runs over to me, setting a bag and a drink carrier down. As he kneels onto the bed, his hand coming to my face, I realize there are tears running down my face, and I flinch back, just slightly, just like when...

Just like my flashback.

"Y-Yeah," is all I can say in response as I push myself up to where my back is against the bed frame. Bryce looks at me for a second, clearly skeptical before turning back to the food.

-

Bryce POV

I don't say anything about her strange behavior, for now. Instead I pick up the food and drinks, and crawl back to sit next to her against the head board. I grin sheepishly before asking,

"How does a Chipotle, Starbucks, and 'The Blacklist' date in bed sound?" which makes her smile lightly, but through that I can see something. Something happened.

-

... an hour later (10:00 pm) ...

Rory POV