50+1 |Epilogue

Please comment and vote! :)

P.S: Do listen to the audio as you read!

Ashton's POV

"Don't.. cry. I.. don't.. like it when.. when.. you cry," a soft yet gentle voice filled my ears as I felt her patting the back of my head.

Instantly, I shot my head up and saw my bii smiling weakly at me.

Happiness is in the moment. The more focused, the more intense. Like a beam of light to the soul. And just as with well focused light, it is then we find better resolution.

The happiness is infectious. It starts as a tingle in my fingers and toes, much like the feeling I have when I'm anxious. But instead of worrisome, it's warm. I felt it pass through me like a warm ocean wave, washing away the stress I had been feeling these few days, to leave me refreshed inside.

"Doctor! DOCTOR! SHE'S AWAKE!!" I exclaimed with joy as I ran along the hallway.

After a few minutes, the doctor and nurses entered the room.

"Sir, please wait outside the ward as we examine her," the nurse said as she gestured me towards the door.

10 minutes later

"Ash, did something happen?" my brother questioned as I paced nervously outside the ward.

"Bii is awake! She woke up!!" I exclaimed with pure glee in my voice.

As soon as I broke the news to him, a smile of relief and joy surfaced on his face.

"Jerome's wish did come true," he commented.

I flashed him a curious look as he took out the bottle of paper cranes from the paper bag.

"Our dear boy folded 1000 paper cranes and made a special wish. Which was for his mommy to wake up. Now, his wish came true. I am going to call him and let him know about this," he continued as he kept the bottle of paper cranes and walked towards the exit.

Then, the door of the ward opened as the doctor walked out with a smile on his face.

"She is still pretty weak but her body is recovering well. It will just be a matter of days for her to be discharged. You may go in and visit her," he said before excusing himself.

I thanked him continuously before rushing back into the ward. She was sitting by her bed as she smiled weakly in my direction.

"You look like shit," she joked.

I stood and stared at her, more tears, no surprise there. I let them fall, not raising a hand to stop them. They were tears of joy, I was crying with sheer happiness and relief.

My brown eyes looked as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles.

"Please don't leave me." I said as walked towards her side and embrace her.

Then the smooth spheres appeared to be cracked; the ocean had started to leak, more water droplets streamed down my cheeks.

Finn's POV

He walked up to me slowly and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body.

The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

"In this hospital bed, my medicine is my memories, the good times we shared. My peace is our love, that which connects us always. You, the one who holds my heart as if it were a precious gem; you are my doctor. So though I am here, you are still the one who keeps me strong," I confessed as I wrapped an arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer, gently rubbing his arm.