07| Good bye, puppy love

Please comment and vote! :)

P.S: Do listen to the audio as you read!

Ashton's POV

"Because you know how to play the piano, and you knew exactly how to play Perfect when you were in Grade 3. "

The moment I heard my brother's words, I was dumbfounded.

"I... How, how, how did you... " I was lost for words.

"Well, to be honest, I find it weird when you always follow me to Ms Finn's apartment every Sunday. Especially when you're someone that sleeps in late every weekend and would always scold mom whenever she wakes you up early. Yet now, you'll set alarms and wake up early every week, which makes you suspicious,"  he paused.

"Hence, I've been constantly observing you. I've seen how your gaze always follows her around. How you'll blush when she looks at you. Come on bro, I have known you for 11 years already. You can lie to other people, but not to me. " he continued. 

I knew he was right. So I just nodded my head and kept my gaze glued to the floor.

"But I guess it's just puppy love, it'll be over before you know it. " he continued.

"Puppy love? " I questioned.

"Yes, don't ask me what's that. Google if you need to. " my brother replied as he made his way back to his room.

I am sitting on the sofa after keying in puppy love in the search engine. I was hesitating whether to hit the search engine. Curiosity really kills the cat. With that, my finger hit the search engine.

Puppy love, also known as a crush, is an informal term for feelings of romantic or platonic love, often felt during childhood and adolescence.

I stared at the screen as these words registered in my brain. Since puppy love is often felt during childhood, does it mean it'll fade away as I grow older? Does it mean I'll stop liking her in the future? But then again, as I graduate from school next year, I doubt I'll see her again...

That night, I tossed and turned on the bed. Starring at the picture I secretly took of her.

*****

3 months later

Finn's POV

Today is going to be the day where 6 Infinite receive their results for their official national examination! This result would have a direct impact on which higher level institution they are going next. I had difficulty sleeping the night before as I was too nervous.

*****

In the hall

As I looked through their results, I was extremely jovial! 

With all the hard work and time invested for the past few months, the whole class passed the examination! They had all managed to hit their targets and many passed with flying colours! As I passed their result slips to them, many were shouting and rejoicing! Some of them were tearing and many of them hugged me tightly to thank me! 

It was indeed an emotional moment for me. My tears just flowed down from my cheeks uncontrollably.

" I didn't know Ms Finn is a crybaby, " Kingston said as he passed a piece of tissue to me.

I laughed as I sobbed and took the tissue from him.

"I guess this is it, we're all going seperate ways from here. " he continued, with signs of unwillingness in his eyes.

"Oh no, I'll miss the times we spend together. "

"Me too! I'll miss the moments we fool around! "

"And the times we spend at Ms Finn's apartment every Sunday! "

"And most importantly, we'll miss Ms Finn! "

The rest of the class commented and pouted after hearing what Kingston said. All of them with obvious sorrows on their faces while some started to sob silently.

I tried to control my emotions as I replied, "Well, firstly, I'm really proud of all of you, not just your results. But also how you've all grown and matured emotionally and mentally. Although we'll be parting ways from now, I'm just 9 numbers away! You can still look for me anytime you want! "

The surrounding atmosphere seems to have lighten up a little after what I said.

"Let's take pictures shall we? " I asked excitedly.

They all wiped away their tears and nodded enthusiastically.

*****

1 year later

The next year passed by without me knowing. In the following year, I've gotten a middle level class. This made my teaching load lessen significantly. The kids are adorable and easier to manage compared to 6 Infinite.

However, as 6 Infinite is my first class, there're still times when I miss them. 

From time to time, I'll get messages from them and they would share their troubles with me and ask me for advices. We'll also find time to meet up at least once a month. Knowing that they are all doing well in the higher level institutions made me glad.

Ashton's POV

To say that I was disappointed was an understatement. I was hoping that Ms Finn would become my teacher, but reality slapped me in the face. Instead of getting her as my teacher, I got Ms Nicole instead. She's a close friend of Ms Finn as I always see them hanging out together.

Ms Nicole is similar to Ms Finn. 

In the past year, we've also gotten closer because she's my English teacher as well as my form teacher. She always handled my nasty remarks tactfully instead of giving me an earful, hence she gradually earned my respect. She always shares her life experiences with us and gives us practical advises to help us through our challenges both in school and outside of school. 

Gradually, we became friends.

In the past year, I'll still see Ms Finn around in school. We'll smile at each other but seldom strike a conversation anymore. Especially without the weekly consultation, I felt that there isn't any reason or excuse for me to approach her. 

However, every time I see her smiles, my heart rate would still increase.

Today is my graduation day, the day I'm going to leave this school. I looked at my results and as expected, I aced all of them. I saw Ms Finn standing at the back of the hall and I approached her. I showed her my result slip and she smiled brightly and gave me a thumbs up.

"My instinct was right, you did outshine your brother, but please don't tell him that, " she said jokingly.

I shaked my head head and laughed together with her until Mrs Catchpole signalled her to go over.

"All the best to you! Continue to strive high! " she said as she made her move towards Mrs Catchpole.

"Sure thing, bye Ms Finn, " I replied with slight sadness in my voice.

She looked back at me and smiled, before walking towards Mrs Catchpole.

I stared at her back view as she walked away. Good bye, my puppy love.

/ to be continued /

❤️