29| Confession

Please comment and vote! :)

P.S: Do listen to the audio as you read!

Finn's POV

"Do we know each other previously?" he asked as he stared into my eyes. 

As I looked into his eyes, I could feel him searching deep into my soul. I noticed the way his eyebrows raised a centimetre or two, lined with something between anticipation and fear?

I stunned. I didn't know how to answer his question because I wasn't expecting it. I wanted to tell him the truth, but will he hate me after knowing the truth? Maybe, I should first find out what happened to him for the past 5 years. I thought to myself.

As I was contemplating, I saw a necklace with a ring around his neck. Is he...  

"Do we know each other previously?" he repeated his question with more dominance as he held onto my arm tightly, pulling me nearer to him, eager for my answer. 

"No. We, we don't," I replied avoiding eye contact initially, before looking back into his eyes.  

There was something solemn swimming in his eyes. They held a truth that his face could not hide. The despairing chill that they conveyed made me feel heartbroken. I looked away; I couldn't bear it. What was usually strength, now showed weakness. 

His grip around my hand slowly loosened. The moment he released his grip, I felt cold. I missed his touch.

"Uncle Ashton, are you okay?!" Jerome went over to him and hugged him tightly. Disappointment in his eyes were now replaced by love and tender as he reciprocated Jerome's hug. 

"I'm fine," he replied as he closed the gap between them. 

"This is the second time. The first time in the canteen after you eat mommy's beef stew, then now again. Me worried about you," Jerome commented with a worried tone in his voice.  

"Everytime when I unwell, mommy always cook beef stew for me. After I eat, I will feel better. Mommy, can you cook for Uncle Ashton as well?" Jerome asked as he released himself from Ashton's hug and looked at me with his puppy eyes. Something he knew I will not be able to resist. 

I nodded and he danced his victory dance as if he had hit jackpot. Both Ashton and I laughed in union. 

*****

In Finn's apartment 

Ashton's POV

The design of her apartment is simple, the walls are pained white, with marble textile flooring. Photographs of her and Jerome were placed evidently around the house. There's a 42 inch TV together with a L-shaped sofa in the living room and also a piano. 

The moment I entered her apartment, everything seems so familiar. The layout, the aroma, the smell, everything.

Is it possible that I have been here before? I asked myself but brushed that thought away instantly.

"I will go get ready for dinner! At the meantime, you can make yourself comfortable," she said as she vanished into the kitchen. 

"What do you want to do?" I asked Jerome as he made himself comfortable on my lap. 

"I want to play piano! I am learning one song but haven't finish learning yet. Can you teach me?" Jerome pleaded with his puppy eyes. 

"Sure! What song is it?" I asked as I carried him and walked towards the piano.